DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for something that can do 1000ish on sub channel at 2ohm and 200-500ish to my mids. The Mosconi Pro 5/30 seems to fit the bill and have two extra channels even but very rarely see them pop up on here. Would a fair price for a used one be around $1000? A 250 x 4 or 150 x 6 would also fit my job also.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I would check out a used Audison 5.1k. I absolutely love those amps. I’ve purchased 2 or 3 (all used) for $600-$750. Also if you want a great 4 channel and then a great 2 channel I have a Mosconi Zero 3 and Mosconi Zero 4 I could sell for $1400. Not sure if you’d like to spend that much.
I’ve never heard the Mosconi Pro 5/30, but I’m sure it’s great, but so is the Audison 5.1k.

Also look into the new US Acoustics Amps. They have a 6 channel that’s called the Lana that’s [email protected] brand new for $595 with a 2 year warranty. Or purchase two large 4 channels from US Acoustics for $279 each brand new with 2 year warranty.
Honestly I would look at US Acoustics if you have the space for these amps.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Can also look at Mmats Hifi. Either of these amps are highly regarded and $1000 brand new. These amps are class D, but sound amazing and much smaller footprint then all other amps.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JBrettk123 Thank you for the reply, I had a Audison 5.1 in the older LRX series and was very happy with the SQ, but it seem to be made a little cheap and the plastic/knobs just did not hold up very well. That amp is what made me consider the Mosconi though. I have been looking very closely at the US acoustics amps, as you said they are large but seem very well respected and powerful for the price for sure. I'm going to do a little checking on the Zero's size(its going in a standard cab F150 so 2 amps vs 1 is not ideal but I LOVE THE ZEROS" and ill PM you shortly.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I have a ground zero uranium 6 channel and 2 channel that I’m selling. I have them in a F150 now. Tons of power on the 6 channel and class A bias adjustment. The 2 channel does 1200 watts bridged to 2 ohms.

·
Registered
172 Posts
JBrettk123 Thank you for the reply, I had a Audison 5.1 in the older LRX series and was very happy with the SQ, but it seem to be made a little cheap and the plastic/knobs just did not hold up very well. That amp is what made me consider the Mosconi though. I have been looking very closely at the US acoustics amps, as you said they are large but seem very well respected and powerful for the price for sure. I'm going to do a little checking on the Zero's size(its going in a standard cab F150 so 2 amps vs 1 is not ideal but I LOVE THE ZEROS" and ill PM you shortly.
These two amps are the exact same size, and I had them on my back wall of a 2019 Silverado Crew Cab.

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Firefighter9 I looked at them and just could not make it work with what i'm trying to power,

Reactions: Firefighter9

·
Registered
342 Posts
5.1k is great for an active 2 way + sub setup, Chan 1&2 being class A to 30w and hybrid to 75w

·
Registered
172 Posts
5.1k is great for an active 2 way + sub setup, Chan 1&2 being class A to 30w and hybrid to 75w
I thought it was just class A biased. Are you sure it's full class A up to 30 watts?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Blurb says "combined with another pair of A class pure audio channels rated at 75 W"

But also says the class A threshold was 30w

1 - 15 of 15 Posts