DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Buick Regal Sportback Essence
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping to luck up and find someone selling a used NavTV M650-GM, so I can do my new build properly.

After reading a Camaro forum, I now realize that I wasted $180 on a custom harness to bypass my Bose amp. It’s not that the harness is useless, but if you want a true SQ build you’ll need both the M650 and a DSP. Oh well, it’s only money, right?!?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is this LLJ customs harness? You can also look into the pac amp pro it’s about half the price of the nav, last time i checked.

The harness is just like the LLJ Customs version, but made by someone else. The PAC unit sells for $489 + another $69 to add TOSLINK. The NavTV sells for $550 and includes the TOSLINK. I found a thread on a Camaro forum where people had reported results with both units and the consensus was the NavTV is the better unit.

Correction... the PAC sells for $389 on Crutchfield. The $489 price was directly from PAC's website.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I read about issues from both early on, they seem to have sorted it out by now. My pac came with toslink I believe that was the very first editions were it was an add on piece. Do what you think is best, i was just tossing the option out there.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I read about issues from both early on, they seem to have sorted it out by now. My pac came with toslink I believe that was the very first editions were it was an add on piece. Do what you think is best, i was just tossing the option out there.
I appreciate the suggestion, but after reading the following thread I feel more confident with the NavTV:

One of the guys on the thread used to work in Engineering with the MOST bus, and he has a lot of high level knowledge on the subject. I want to do this one time and there are some questions surrounding the PAC unit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts