DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a setup in my dad's car with a pair of older JBL GT1000's running IB off of 100 watts of Zed Us Acoustics power, the spiders didn't last as long as I would've like. Maybe I should consider a subsonic filter.

It's hard to find the GT1000's, and even if I did another set would most likely suffer as well, so I'm looking for something else. I'm considering some Emminence builder woofers at Madisound, but I'd like to see if anyone has anything for about the same or less than $120.

--Travis

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio & Collova Media Inc. is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have a pair of old school nib lanzar oa108s subs you can have for $90 shipped.
I have the same pair hardly used for $70 shipped.
I'll post pics if interested.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm very interested in the Lanzars, probably the used pieces. I'd like to see some pictures of them and would you happen to have full specs on them?

The diamonds won't be easy to fit, I already had to make a plywood baffle board that barely fit to install the 10's in the rear deck. I may consider them though if the price is right and you could give me some more specs.

Thanks,
Travis

·
Registered
258 Posts
They are 10" 8ohm free air subs. Both have some residue on the mounting flange from raamat, but I haven't tried to clean them up yet. I'm sure I can get most or all of it off. Not a big deal either way.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are good lookin' subs and fit well for my application but why in the world did they design a free-air sub with only 4mm of xmax? Is that possibly a one-way measurement?

·
Registered
258 Posts
The qts is really low too, but the suspensions on these are pretty beefy, though. The seem to be built really well. I had about 12 or so of these, and I've installed a few sets already. They sound really nice and have a good punch. They don't play as deep as woofers in a sealed box, but for a shallow mounting depth, free air capability, and a low price you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, I'm sure I will be hard pressed to find a set of woofers meant for free-air that are that cheap, but does anyone else have anything else?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.