Product Brand & Model:

Pioneer AVIC-4200NEX

Condition of all items:

NIB

Total Price: :

TBD

Shipping Terms: :

TBD

Pictures: - Unless you are a Upgraded member, or your last 10 iTrader feedbacks are positive, you must post a picture of the exact item you are selling.

Additional info:

Anybody have one laying around they're wanting to get rid of?

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.
$461... is jet.com good? I won't be waiting 4 weeks for a refurb? I've never heard of it.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
It's where I had purchased mine from and where I've purchase several radios from. Always arrives new in box with the seals still attached. Although again there may be someone on here who is letting theirs go..

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm debating between the AVIC4200nex or the AVHX5800BHS. Is CarPlay the "cats meow"?

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
I personally plan on buying a 4200NEX when I stop being lazy and pull my credit card out. It really all comes down to buying what suits your needs. You could even do a 4100NEX and get what I feel is your moneys worth. :)

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For not a whole lot more than the 4200 or 5800, I'm selling my unused/refurb 8100NEX:
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/car-audio-classifieds/319458-fs-pioneer-avic-8100nex.html

Just tossing it out there.
I looked at this several times, I'm having trouble ponying up the cash for the 4200. So your 8100 is too much for me(although a great price). I wasn't gonna do an aftermarket HU in the first place but have changed my mind. I'm struggling with even spending the money since my build is already over budget.
Like it would've been under though.:laugh:

·
Registered
968 Posts
If you're that worried about money try the 4800bs. I love mine. Obviously losing some functions but it's half the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you're that worried about money try the 4800bs. I love mine. Obviously losing some functions but it's half the price.

I can't decide if CarPlay is worth $200. The USB interface looks good without it too.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Spotify and pandora work great imo. Plus, if I need navigation I just open google maps on my phone before leaving, start it, then it plays music fine until she gives me directions, she mutes the music, tells me where to go, then unmutes the music.

I tried to fidget with the pioneer app but hated it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm debating selling my 4200nex , if you're interested in getting a lightly used unit. No scratches or anything on it

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I have the 5800 in my wife's minivan and I took a trip yesterday and today so have used it quite a bit recently, primarily with Pandora. I have hooked it up via BT but switched to USB so that I can get my phone charged at the same time. Plus, my wife has a phone cradle to the right of the steering wheel so I'm usually using that, especially with Google Maps. I haven't used the Carllay version so can't compare the two so I'll just give you an overview of the 5800 with an iPhone 6S+. Pandora on the 5800 gives a list of stations or genres that you can select. Seemed to work pretty well but it is just a simple nested list, nothing fancy graphically but it works. When listening to Pandora, the song, album, and artist info are shown with a small picture of the album cover (usually/always?), which is actually pretty nice. With using Google Maps in the foreground and Pandora in the background, directions would be announced over the stereo as well. Overall, I was pretty pleased with how well Pandora worked with the 5800.

The primary difference that I saw between the 4800 and 5800 was that the 5800 has an HD radio tuner. At first I was really happy with it since the reception was so good way out at my parents house where I installed it for my wife as a Christmas present. Over time, we've noticed parts of songs on the radio repeating, which is actually when a weak digital station is switching between digital and analog. Unless you live in a major metropolis with quite a few strong digital stations, I think I'd pass on the 5800 and go with the 4800.

For my car I'll probably just go with the 4200 assuming the CarPlay interface is that much nicer. But if I got a good deal on a 4800/5800 again, I'd have no problems sticking with that radio as overall it is really nice.

Hope this helped.

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have the 5800 in my wife's minivan and I took a trip yesterday and today so have used it quite a bit recently, primarily with Pandora. I have hooked it up via BT but switched to USB so that I can get my phone charged at the same time. Plus, my wife has a phone cradle to the right of the steering wheel so I'm usually using that, especially with Google Maps. I haven't used the Carllay version so can't compare the two so I'll just give you an overview of the 5800 with an iPhone 6S+. Pandora on the 5800 gives a list of stations or genres that you can select. Seemed to work pretty well but it is just a simple nested list, nothing fancy graphically but it works. When listening to Pandora, the song, album, and artist info are shown with a small picture of the album cover (usually/always?), which is actually pretty nice. With using Google Maps in the foreground and Pandora in the background, directions would be announced over the stereo as well. Overall, I was pretty pleased with how well Pandora worked with the 5800.

The primary difference that I saw between the 4800 and 5800 was that the 5800 has an HD radio tuner. At first I was really happy with it since the reception was so good way out at my parents house where I installed it for my wife as a Christmas present. Over time, we've noticed parts of songs on the radio repeating, which is actually when a weak digital station is switching between digital and analog. Unless you live in a major metropolis with quite a few strong digital stations, I think I'd pass on the 5800 and go with the 4800.

For my car I'll probably just go with the 4200 assuming the CarPlay interface is that much nicer. But if I got a good deal on a 4800/5800 again, I'd have no problems sticking with that radio as overall it is really nice.

Hope this helped.
Thanks for the input! I actually went down to Car Toys tonight and tried them all out. I am gonna go with the x4800 unless Sunday ads have the 4200 really cheap(I mean cmon it is and old model...lol) I don't think CarPlay is worth the extra money for me right now. It's a great idea. I just don't use the apps it supports.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts