DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I'm looking to buy a 4 channel amp in the next month or so, the reason I am starting this thread now is because when I am ready to buy I would like to come back to this thread and look at all my options. I am going to go active on the amp so crossovers and such don't concern me. I want to have at least 150 X 4 @ 4. If its a variable output amp like the JL slash thats fine as long as I have 150 X 2 and at least 100 X 2 for the other two channels. I just want to make sure I have enough output for my mids (still undecided). I really like the Memphis 16-MCA5004 but they are kind of hard to find. I also like the PPI PCX-4125. The amp must be fully functional and in good condition with minimal scratches as it will be displayed. I also want something with a good s/n ratio. Must be a good name brand and old school amps are welcome. If the deal is good enough I may buy right now but I'm going to Florida for a week in 2 weeks so cash flow is kind of limited right now. I dont want any alpine PDX amps. Please post price and multiple pics!! :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I honestly dont care too much for JL, but it does have the power available so I will definitely consider. Also, feel free to post your price so when I'm ready to buy I wont have to search through all my pm's to find yours. :)

·
Tuning is everything.
2,761 Posts
I honestly dont care too much for JL, but it does have the power available so I will definitely consider. Also, feel free to post your price so when I'm ready to buy I wont have to search through all my pm's to find yours. :)

If I might ask... what's wrong with JL? Their gear is usually top notch, and their amps are made by the same guys that did PPI Art series, and Xtant.

I got your message, but I don't have many 4ch that powerful.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really dont know what it is... I have never owned JL so I dont have any personal experience with them, I guess it might be that everyone has JL and I just want something different.

·
Registered
880 Posts
It would help to know your budget. I might have a Zapco DC1000.4 for sale...150 x 4 at 4ohm

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
x2, budget would be nice. I have a genesis profile 4 ultra, brand new, 100x4, 300x2. If you want SQ, this is it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I dont really have a budget, dont want to spend too much but Ill do whats necessary for a nice amp. I dont really need the Zapco DC because I have a RF 360.2 so I think a reference would be more ideal cause they are a little cheaper.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Cadence zrs amps are the cheapest for the money I have found but they are very nice and strong. I am using a 9004 I got off cadence on ebay. Very strong amp

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah it will be for a two way active front stage.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Check out the zrs9004 if you can find it. It has a very good crossover on it and the amp is inexpensive. I might sell mine so pm if interested.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bump

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Someone on the forum is selling a Zuki Eleets amp for $360. Just do a search. The Eleets tests out at well over 4 x 170 watts at 4 ohms. Hope that is enough power for your needs. Heck of a price, too.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bump, will be ready to make the purchase on sept 11th. I want something with a high s/n ratio as I cant stand floor noise.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I was in the same quest and ended up passing on a couple great amps. A guy on here emailed me some pics of a DLS A4 that I think would work great for your setup. I can forward them to you if you'd like.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I was in the same quest and ended up passing on a couple great amps. A guy on here emailed me some pics of a DLS A4 that I think would work great for your setup. I can forward them to you if you'd like.
Sure! :) Send it over, Thanks!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.