DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! As the title says, I am looking for a BNIB or mint Alpine H700/701 combo with RUX. I’d prefer it was either new in box if someone is sitting on one, or in very good condition as I plan to display the processor and use the RUX regularly. I do not need any other headunits/Ai-Net units as I am retaining the factory radio. It would also be great to have all original cables and factory packaging if possible.
I’ve seen a few on eBay from Japan, just seeing what members here might have before I go that route.
Open on price, let me know what you have and what you want for it. Not interested in anything that needs repairs or reconditioning or has been heavily modified, unless it’s super reliable. Thanks!
-Mikael

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i mean i have one... its currently being used... but i'd want 650 for the combo.
700 or 701? What kind of shape is it in? You happen to have factory packaging and harnesses etc? Any issues with the volume? Some of them had a tick or click, almost like static when adjusting volume.

·
Registered
168 Posts
700 or 701? What kind of shape is it in? You happen to have factory packaging and harnesses etc? Any issues with the volume? Some of them had a tick or click, almost like static when adjusting volume.

I'm pretty sure its a h701 I do have the packaging somewhere, all the harnesses etc. aswell. theres no sound issues with it. i just have it mounted in my one car currently. its 'used' but barely used since it was put in my race car that took 7 years to build lol

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
IIRC, the only difference between the "700" and "701" is how they are packaged in the retail box...

The "701" comes with the RUX-C700 controller, and the "700" is just the processor without the single-DIN RUX controller. Could be wrong....it's been A LONG time since I've used them. :p

Most of them had the digital "zipper" noise when you are adjusting the volume, and the noise floor was often an issue when using the analog inputs instead of Toslink optical.

The last one that I had I sold BNIB in 2009....

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe it’s actually the other way around 🤓 There is no separate RUX part number for the 700- the PXA-H700 is the part number on both the processor and controller and both were included in the package.

The PXA-H701 did not automatically come with the controller, which was the RUX-C701.

I think I have located a 700, so I should be good. I’m even having it tweaked a bit 😈

1 - 8 of 8 Posts