DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a young guy that I am trying to help out. He his about to graduate from school, got kicked out of his parents house (turned 18, house rule) and is living with my father in law. He had some medical issues and cant drive until August, and he wants a "system" for his Blazer.

He has 1 PG Ryval subwoofer, and nothing else.

I have an amplifier I am going to give him, not great, but it will work. It is a ~75x4, and I also have a small mono amp if needed, ~300w @ 2 ohm.

I spent some time talking to him this weekend, and he has about $150 bucks to spend, so this is really on the cheap. He hasnt worked since about January. I am thinking I may be able to add some cash on for his graduation present, but need something on the cheap. I will be building a box, so any sub/subs would work, so long as they fit the amps I already have.

Front speakers are 6.5". 75wpc or ~200wpc if bridging amplifier.
Subs: low power, and he wants loud, not SQ. I can work with probably 3-4 ft cubed, but keep the power in mind.

Thanks

Matt

·
Registered
360 Posts
i got a pair of these (Rockford Fosgate® - T162C) ill donate if shipping is paid. they get plenty loud and pretty clear.
what a bunch of assholes, kicking him out with medical problems. i'd think there might be special circumstances. ****ers.....

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a pair of old-school Lanzar 12's that I would sell for $50 shipped. 4-ohm SVC, model ZR-12S. These drivers are quite efficient, and were built long before Lanzar was acquired by Sounds Around. They have been mounted but never installed in a vehicle. (I bought them for my brother and built a box 10+ years ago, but he never put it in his car.)

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
your a nice man.

I was recently homeless, and I can appreciate what you are doing.
Thank you, glad you are getting back on your feet as well.
PM'd you.
I will have to look into it. I dont know if I can fit it height wise, need to measure seat height and find out exactly how much airspace I have.

i got a pair of these (Rockford Fosgate® - T162C) ill donate if shipping is paid. they get plenty loud and pretty clear.
what a bunch of assholes, kicking him out with medical problems. i'd think there might be special circumstances. ****ers.....
I wont comment on the house rules. They are not mine, and I didnt have to deal with parents like that.

PM me your paypal and I would gladly pay shipping, thats a huge help: thank you very very much.

I have a pair of old-school Lanzar 12's that I would sell for $50 shipped. 4-ohm SVC, model ZR-12S. These drivers are quite efficient, and were built long before Lanzar was acquired by Sounds Around. They have been mounted but never installed in a vehicle. (I bought them for my brother and built a box 10+ years ago, but he never put it in his car.)
I wont be able to look up specs/model these until this evening, but thats a great offer, thank you. I know alot of old school gear uses bigger boxes to work, so here's hoping!

Thanks for the offers/kind words

Matt

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
thats cool what you are doing for him... i will see what i might be able to dig up. i thought i had a pair of kenwood dual mag 6 1/2s...
i might even have a deck that has no out put anymore, but does have signal out of rcas...

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thats cool what you are doing for him... i will see what i might be able to dig up. i thought i had a pair of kenwood dual mag 6 1/2s...
i might even have a deck that has no out put anymore, but does have signal out of rcas...

Thanks. Im actually glad you posted, I just remembered I can go steal the Sony deck out of my old jeep and put the factory one back in. I can also take out the wiring kit so that will save some funds too.

So with Brownmoses helping with the components its a matter of finding a sub. On that note, I called a buddy and he reminded me I had an old sub at his house he had borrowed from me years ago, ill have to go check it out, see what we have.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.