Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Product Brand & Model:
Scanspeak 12m

Condition of all items:

New or Used

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio & Collova Media Inc. is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

·
Registered
346 Posts
hey Josh I just noticed this, can you fit a scan 15m (5") i have one left over after I used the other for my center channel, originally I was going to use a 12 to fit under and inside the factory center ch grill but decided to go over and use a 2 pc grill to hide it, its nice having the center able to play lower

I also will be listing my 12m's soon so maybe someone else will want the other one when I do, I built a pillar pods for them but I just hate looking at them, plus Andy and other seem to think they will sound better if I can fit them in the doors (which they wont), so I will pick up some Dyn md-142 and try those although I love the 12m sound

Vin

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hey I am also looking for one 12M to use as a center channel so maybe we can do a three way (ha ha)? Seriously, it sounds like that would work for all of us. Let me know! Really.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We can def do something like that. Also Vin, I have the hookup on dynaudio MD142 if your looking for a pair.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I have a Scan 12M that I had to take apart and repair that I might be willing to sell. I bought a replacement - thinking it was blown, but it turned out that something from inside my enclosure had gotten into the vc gap and was causing trouble. After I'd already installed the replacement I decided I try to take it apart and found a small piece of something there, removed it, and then put it back together with what seem to be excellent results.

First, with as easy as these drivers are to take apart, its a crime that they just don't sell replacement parts... it must be a $$$$ thing. Its very simple to remove the spider and surround without any damage - or at least it was for me. I bought some voice coil resin and put a super small amount over the only little area that could given any troubles (it was marred slightly, but it didn't seem to short anything, since the driver was still trying to work but just didn't sound good), then I used a special type of superglue adhesive to reattach the spider. The surround was held in place by another adhesive that looked like a strip of thin rubber cement - and I had something just like that here... and you'd never know it'd been repaired to see or hear it.

Still, it has been repaired and I certainly can't guarantee that it meets original specs... just that it sounds good and that I genuinely believe that its durable as well. I researched speaker repair again (since i did some in my younger years) and made sure I was very careful with each step of the process.

If one of you are interested, let me know via email preferably. I still use the other two and am keeping it for a spare - but times are a little tight and the money wouldn't hurt either. Feel free to make an offer, but keep in mind its still a driver that sells for $320 new.

If nothing else, learn from my mistake and keep your enclosures super clean!

Good luck guys... I'm looking for Peerless XLS 8s by the way =)

·
18,605 Posts
I've been wanting to re test a set but didn't want to deal with finding a buyer for one or two so this actually may work out...

If any of you guys would be willing to pay for one and let me test it then send it to you, I'd be willing to sale it to you at my dealer cost + shipping. About $250 shipped for one. LMK if you're interested. I have to make my order on some other stuff soon and can lump it in.

Sent from my iPhone. Pardon the grammar.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts