Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Product Brand & Model:

Scanspeak Illuminators (D3004/6020)

Condition of all items:

Need to be good

Total Price: :

Negotiable

Shipping Terms: :

Ship to me priority flat rate if possible (It's only $5.00)

Pictures: - Unless you are a Upgraded member, or your last 10 iTrader feedbacks are positive, you must post a picture of the exact item you are selling.

Additional info:

Looking to pick up a set of used Illuminators. Need to be in good shape. Will also consider Morel MT23 w/all mounting hardware.

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers is responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We reccomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio & Collova Media Inc. is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure you don't want the Alpine F#1 Scan Rev equivalent? Yea, yea?!
Might consider it... What are you looking to get for them? And I'm looking to go on-axis with the tweeters I use.

oh wait... I remember you trying to sell those for $400. Thats way out of my price range. Thanks anyway man.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really just don't want to mess with trying to sell them anymore, how about $310 shipped?
Considering some other Illuminator Rings from another member as well... Gonna think about it so I don't regret my decision. Are these large format like the Vifa XT25?

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not familiar with the Vifas, but yes they are large format. If you check out Madisound they are the same as the Revalators.
I appreciate the offer but I think I'm going to go with these from another member. They are smaller and will work well with the pvc endcap design I'm going to build. Wanting to mount these on axis... hoping for some sweet sound. I do appreciate the offer though... Those tweeters you have are badass. Any thoughts on these Saladfingers? :)

ScanSpeak Illuminator R3004/6020-00 1" Tweeter Small Ring Radiator: Madisound Speaker Store

·
Registered
755 Posts
Hey, if you want crap, go right ahead.

Haha, just kidding, it's all good!!! Just thought I'd throw it out there. If you need a single F#1 5.25" 15W equivalent for a center or whatever, I also have that at the house. I hope you are happy with your purchase!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey, if you want crap, go right ahead.

Haha, just kidding, it's all good!!! Just thought I'd throw it out there. If you need a single F#1 5.25" 15W equivalent for a center or whatever, I also have that at the house. I hope you are happy with your purchase!
Honestly... what do you think of the ones I chose? Haven't heard them so i'm hoping for some feedback.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Congrats.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Please post a review. I have the 1" Illums - non-ring radiator. Very curious how the ring radiator version sounds.

·
729 Posts
Bought the Illuminators! Looking forward to rocking them!:rockon:
Please post a review. I have the 1" Illums - non-ring radiator. Very curious how the ring radiator version sounds.

I currently use the dome version (D3004) and I've also owned the ring radiator (R3004) in the same install. I like the domes better in my off-axis install. The rings just didn't have the ambiance that the domes do. On-axis is where the rings really shine, but they were too "there". I mean I could tell it was playing and I like my tweeters to disappear into the music. That's more a function of my mounting location than anything else though. I'm sure in a different setup that was optimized for on-axis tweets, the rings would be kick-ass. I really don't desire another tweeter other than a Scan. Would like to try the Raal one day though...

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Your fate is written in stone!!! Supremo is your future!! :)
I actually wanted the Supremos but just couldn't pull it off costwise. I plan on using these and enjoying them for a while. If a kickass deal on some supremos come up in the future I might have to sell the Scans and get em. I'm hoping to hear some supremos soon so I can compare though... don't want to go to large format unless the benefit is pretty noticable. :)

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I will definately do that! I plan on using the PVC endcap idea that you posted! Going to put these babies on-axis to really let them shine. Thanks again for posting that thread.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts