Discussion Starter #1
Product Brand & Model:
Need a shallow midbass, no deeper than 2.5"
can be 4ohm or 8 ohm or 2 ohm
the lower it plays the better!

Condition of all items:
working!

Total Price: :

have about 80 bucks in paypal and possible trades.
** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio & Collova Media Inc. is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bumpin this back up. no deeper than 2.5"

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I have a set of PHD Modena Components that I bought years ago but were not suitable for my install because of the diameter. They are shallow, I am sure 2.5" or less top mount. I am not willing to break them up however.

There are basically the previous version of the AF (Aluminum Fiber) 6.1 set. The midbass cone is woven aluminum with a silk tweeter. The AF is PHD's top line of speakers.

Let me know if you are interested although it sounds like you are looking for the midbasses only.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump ...should be purchasing early next week

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bump, looking to do something asap!

have about 80 cash for midbass drivers.

can also add trades (LPG 26NA tweeters, Diamond Audio Tweeters, Pioneer TS D1720c Comp Set possibly)

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Try looking for kicker SSMB6,I have the SSMB8 and they are 2.5inches deep.They are made for free air.These are about the best your going to find in your price range.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Try looking for kicker SSMB6,I have the SSMB8 and they are 2.5inches deep.They are made for free air.These are about the best your going to find in your price range.
just came out of a set of ssmb6s, They were pretty decent but just didnt play low enough for me. I have a set of Pioneers in now that do pretty well. Just looking to try something new. but maybe I should leave well enough alone lol

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
How low are you trying to go.My 8's are at 70hz hpf18db/oct.
They were at 80hz 12db/oct but would POP when cranked.I have 125watts rms going to each.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
same situation. I had to leave them at 80hz 18db/octave or they'd POP like crazy when I crank em. I'm at 63hz 18db/octave now. I'd like to get down to a strong 50hz that I can still crank without bottoming

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Yea,thats about all you can get out of them.You're going to have to run straight woofers.
The thing is you have to go IB because of the depth thing, and a midbass wont give you the Xmax you want for the low end.
Infinity made some years ago,I think they were called Uni Q or something.Ive heard mixed reviews on them.
Good luck in the hunt.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts