DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a single ovation xo6 coaxial (with passive) for use as an MS-8 center channel to match my rears.

My '06 tacoma does not have a factory center opening, so I need a high end coaxial with minimal mounting depth.

May also be interested in a good condition used set.

Thanks in advance.

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio & Collova Media Inc. is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a single integra ovation 6 if youd be intereted
Is the only difference between the ovation 6 and the ovation x0 6 that the xo is bi-ampable with the crossover while the other is a true "coaxial"?

I may be interested, but need to do some research...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If there is someone else looking for a single morel integra ovation xo 6, presumably for center channel use, who may be interested in splitting the cost of a new set...please let me know.

Not having much luck locating a better "all-round" center driver than this one for my application.

·
Registered
20 Posts
here is a deal on some integra ovation 6's... not sure about the x/o part though... i was gonna buy these last week to split up and use one as a center channel.... good price too...

Morel Integra Ovation 6 car 6" coaxial speakers 120watt | eBay

but i ended up buying an elate 5 and a mt-23 for my center to match my elate 6 front stage...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
here is a deal on some integra ovation 6's... not sure about the x/o part though... i was gonna buy these last week to split up and use one as a center channel.... good price too...

Morel Integra Ovation 6 car 6" coaxial speakers 120watt | eBay

but i ended up buying an elate 5 and a mt-23 for my center to match my elate 6 front stage...
Thanks for the link...I did see those on Ebay, and considered them myself...but decided to stick with the xo6 as I have 1 set already in the rear doors, and the -3db jumper setting on the passive x-over really came in handy. I have never heard the coaxial version of this speaker, but have to assume the xo version with the outboard passive is likely the better sounding of the 2.

I have a 2006 Tacoma, which has no OE center/dash speaker opening..so I will be fabricating a "pod". So a shallow convertible/coaxial is almost a must to make it work. While I would prefer an elate/tweeter combo, I compromised on the xo 6 as I am pleased with their performance in the rear, and am convinced it will fit with minimal work.

Thanks again for posting the link..

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whats your budget like? I think mine is bi ampable, just dont have crossovers
I'm not in a super rush to begin dash pod fabrication, as I am still pushing to complete other projects..that being said if I dont find a single or decent used set by the time I'm ready...I'll undoubtedly spring for a new set.. already having 1 pair installed, buying a set would give me a "spare"...which I suppose isnt a horrible idea.

There is a listing on ebay for the crossovers, so if yours is truly biampable that may work.

I currently have L8's in the doors, L-4's and MD 102's in kicks, and morel xo6's in the rear...all off Tru amps and an MS-8. What I dont want is to compromise on sound quality/performance for the center...While I would/have considered other convertible coaxial options...I havent personally heard one yet that IMO compares with this Morel.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
last bump...??.. Was really hoping to find a used set, or someone else looking to split a new set... Guess I'm springing for a new set..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.