DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a small footprint 4/3/2 channel amp that can give me around 120-150W @ 4 ohm x 4.

Show me what you've got! My absolute max is $300 shipped.

Some I'd be interested in:

Mosconi ONE 120.4
Kenwood Excelon XR-4S
Precision Power P900.4
Eclipse XA4200
Arc Audio XDI 804
Arc Audio XXD 4080
Arc Audio KS 125.4
Alpine PDX-4.150
Alpine PDX-F4
Alpine PDX-4.100
Pioneer GM-D9500F
Litebox Stereo 4
JL Audio HD600/4
JL Audio XD400/4

...or anything else that you can pitch me is good too!

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
I posted a Twister f4-380 rated like [email protected] but it has 80amps worth of fuse. small , compact Italian made amp. check out my add

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Not interested in this, sorry.

do you even know what it is ? (twister f4-380) . its much better than anything you have been offered. its sold now. was just suprised how fast you dismissed it when at same time you looked at a Alpine pdx which is dog ****

·
Registered
69 Posts
do you even know what it is ? (twister f4-380) . its much better than anything you have been offered. its sold now. was just suprised how fast you dismissed it when at same time you looked at a Alpine pdx which is dog ****
I would say its all personal preference. I see it alot. People tend to shy away from brands they don't know.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm not scared of brands I don't know - this just doesn't have the power that I am looking for. I'm sure it's a great amp, I didn't mean to insult you. The Alpine PDX, being a cheap, small, high power amp, is a good option for what it is.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
I'm not scared of brands I don't know - this just doesn't have the power that I am looking for. I'm sure it's a great amp, I didn't mean to insult you. The Alpine PDX, being a cheap, small, high power amp, is a good option for what it is.

you need to take numbers with grain of salt. I pdx amp does not sound the same as the amp I suggested.

People use the brand I had offered for comp cars. they are rated a tad underated I am sure based on the fuse rating.

the amp I offered does at least 100x4 . the difference between a PDX and the twister would favor the twister in sound quality.

its possible the twister would sound louder as well.

all I am saying is you better research what you choose and not just go by "rated watts " alone.

I garantee my amp would sound better than that Alpine. they are notorius for not sounding good.

good luck with your search.

I have had countless amps. I assure you I have heard good and bad.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have the PDX 5 I got from this thread
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/car-audio-classifieds/113335-alpine-pdx-5-a.html - will resale for what I paid. I picked up 2 (I got the other one from ChiTown SQ) I planned on using both but ended up using only the one from ChiTown SQ. This amp still has the sticker on the display as shown in the pictures & is 9/10 cosmetically 10/10 function. Trades: I need some tweets or a 3 way passive. LMK

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not exactly small foot print but I have amps that suit your needs well.

www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/car-audio-classifieds/119432-pg-line-driver-treo-amp-other-stuff-i-clean-basement.html

The Vibe is an excellent amp. Same as an ARC xxd but nicer looking. Id go with that if you can fit it. 110x4/350x2

The pg ti another good choice.

The clarion is the best choice as it fits all your needs and is also a zeff/nikola amp. Under rated at 90x4 with 80 amps of fusing and compact.
The Vibe looks nifty - you mind getting the actual size dimensions? Also I PMed you on SA and you never answered :( This is when you were selling the Litebox Stereo 4.

I have the PDX 5 I got from this thread
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/car-audio-classifieds/113335-alpine-pdx-5-a.html - will resale for what I paid. I picked up 2 (I got the other one from ChiTown SQ) I planned on using both but ended up using only the one from ChiTown SQ. This amp still has the sticker on the display as shown in the pictures & is 9/10 cosmetically 10/10 function. Trades: I need some tweets or a 3 way passive. LMK
This looks good as well. Will keep it in mind as the search continues!

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
sorry. Sometimes I dont log onto there for days. Best to pm me here due to phone notifications.

According to sonic

VIBE Audio BBSTEREO4 1400W Max Black Box 4-Channel Car Amplifier

Dimensions: 8-13/16"L x 22-13/16"W x 2-1/4"H

But Im going to grab it as that seems big.

Also Im local so if you want to pick it up or meet around me, Ill accept less in cash.

·
Registered
156 Posts
The Vibe looks nifty - you mind getting the actual size dimensions? Also I PMed you on SA and you never answered :( This is when you were selling the Litebox Stereo 4.

This looks good as well. Will keep it in mind as the search continues!
I have 2 Litebox Stereo 4 amps if things don't pan out. I have one BNIB, and one I installed to test out for a while. The installed one has small marks on it. The casings on them are easily marred.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
As I thought, sonic was incorrect

The Vibe BB is 18.75 x 8.75 x 2 with endcaps. Without them, 18.75 becomes 15

Just measured it

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.