DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
You could always try to reach out to SMD directly and ask Steve if he's gotten any returned that you could buy at a discount. It seems he's always posting videos ranting about all the distortion detectors being returned used and claimed as defective when most likely, a person used it, had no use for it any longer, realized how over priced it is for a device they're rarely use, and decided to make up a bogus story to get a full refund.

Seen one video where someone put a cheap DMM in the box of a DD1+ and returned it.

I'm not trying to bash SMD, the product does what it's designed to do, it's just priced too high IMHO for it's limited usefulness. And regardless of that, it's sickening to see the BS people pull like swapping out the DD1+ for a $10 Harbor Freight DMM.

I've thought about reaching out to him to ask about discounted returned products, but keep talking myself out of it due to realizing I'd seldom use it, not to mention I could make a distortion sniffer for much less.

·
Registered
237 Posts
You could always try to reach out to SMD directly and ask Steve if he's gotten any returned that you could buy at a discount. It seems he's always posting videos ranting about all the distortion detectors being returned used and claimed as defective when most likely, a person used it, had no use for it any longer, realized how over priced it is for a device they're rarely use, and decided to make up a bogus story to get a full refund.

Seen one video where someone put a cheap DMM in the box of a DD1+ and returned it.

I'm not trying to bash SMD, the product does what it's designed to do, it's just priced too high IMHO for it's limited usefulness. And regardless of that, it's sickening to see the BS people pull like swapping out the DD1+ for a $10 Harbor Freight DMM.

I've thought about reaching out to him to ask about discounted returned products, but keep talking myself out of it due to realizing I'd seldom use it, not to mention I could make a distortion sniffer for much less.
How do you make one for much less?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
This is just one of many examples of one you can DIY.

Granted, the end product isn't nearly as neat and fancy, but who cares as long as it does what you need, right.

As you can see in the video, it's effectiveness of aiding the user to set gain(s) without distortion is up there with O-scope, and I'm betting a DD1, though since I've never used one, I can't exactly back up the claim.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts