Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Product Brand & Model:
Need an optical adaptor for the CDX-C90 - I believe both the XA-D210 & 211 will work. If there's other alternatives, let me know!

Condition of all items:
New or used, doesn't matter - just working :)

Total Price: :
You tell me...

Shipping Terms: :
Included, I pay, whatever. Shipping to 85203.

Pictures: - Unless you are a Upgraded member, or your last 10 iTrader feedbacks are positive, you must post a picture of the exact item you are selling.

Additional info:

Paypal ready - I know there are a lot of Sony ES fans/hoarders out there! Someone please open your stash and hook me up!

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio & Collova Media Inc. is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

·
Registered
322 Posts
GL. I have been looking for months for one of these to use with a CDX-C910 without any luck. I remember there was one listed early in the summer on Ebay, but the seller wanted like $200 + for it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Who'd think this small, relatively simple adaptor would be so hard to track down... Come on guys, dig deep into the stashes!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hope he has one. I can wait since I am going with Alpine HU and PXA. :D
That makes 2 of us :) I have other HU options on hand, but have really wanted to run this C90 for awhile now...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Attachments

·
Registered
322 Posts
Unfortunately, no. The processor has optical in, but I need the adaptor for the HU to provide optical out. Here's a pic of the adaptor.
the adaptor is needed to convert the digital coax output into optical output. From the D210 or D211 a normal toslink optical cable can be used.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey guys,

Had the same problem. Managed to tackle it by soldering a coaxial lead directly on the main board (my C90 was half broken, so could take a risk).

Coax or optical, both use the spdif protocol so you can just use a simple adpater from ebay with it. Search for "Coax Coaxial to Optical SPDIF Toslink Converter Adapter"

Only disadvantage is that it needs external power(9v).

img862.imageshack.us/img862/3075/dsc04778g.jpg

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
For those of you on the hunt, the XA-D210 is still available from Sony Parts CA as a special order for $40... takes about a week to get it in stock. Downside is they won't ship to the US. Find a friend in Canada and cure your woes for under $60 shipped. I wanted one for a long time, but sure as hell wasn't going ot spend $150+ for it.

** USE XAD211 ** at PartStoreCanada.ca

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Any Canadians on the site? :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Damn, if I knew about sony.ca I could've save $100 for the one I bought about a year ago.

I'm gonna check tomorrow and see if they can actually special order it and get a back up.

Thanks for the heads up Nasty.

edit:Called up the parts store and it is no longer available.

The XA-D210 was discontinued and special order for XA-D211 was replacement, which is also discontinued.

Owell, thought it might have been to good to be true.

So the search continues for you guys and good luck.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.