DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some (preferably black) FULL MESH style (not flashy rim style or tweeter cutout style) 6.5" covers for my custom garage ceiling car audio project. The manufacturer logo (if any) should be removable, or easily cut/sanded out with dremmel. If you have 4 pairs of these you're willing to be rid of for a few bucks and reasonable shipping charge, let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I've got a pair of JL's, unused, small logo.
Also have a pair of unused Pioneers, but I can't remember what the logo/mesh looks like.
I'll look when I get home from work.
Pretty sure they'll fit in a medium USPS flat-rate box, for $14, no cost for the grills, just the shipping.
I'll post pics, later, so you can decide, if you're interested.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Just looked at mine.
The JL's have an indent where the logo is hot glued on. Can be removed, and the indent could be hammered flat, but that's prolly more work than it's worth.
The Pioneer's have a thin strip across the bottom, that's part of the ring, with the logo on it.
The mesh doesn't go under it, so it can't be removed.
:(

Looks like these would work well. $4 each, and $7 shipping on any order.

https://www.parts-express.com/6-1-2-car-type-steel-mesh-2-piece-speaker-grill-with-plastic-mounting-ring--260-446

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for following up. Much appreciated. I may just install without grilles since they're going into the ceiling. Not much chance of the cone getting punctured accidentally. I just wanted a more pro look to it. I'll start on everything else and worry about that later I guess.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
This is what they look like.
You could prolly hit them with some black spray paint, and never notice.
They're not going anywhere, so no rush if you want to wait and see if anything else pops up.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts