DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone,

I'm looking for a set of tweeters to replace my current DLS tweeters from the MS6 set. I'd like something around 55mm overall diameter, so they fit in my a-pillar's. Preferably silk and a budget of about $100. I do like the sound of the DLS's off-axis, but I'd like to try something new, or maybe a little higher end than the current ones. These will be mounted off-axis as well, and run active.

Thanks!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm interested. I've always wanted to try out some Focal stuff. I'll send you a PM.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like I just bought a new set of tweeters. Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bump, other sale fell through so I'm still looking for some tweeters. :)

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
A/D/S PX Concept 1 tweets I think they will fit perfect, I would have to double check. They are phenominal tweets. $100 shipped to your door.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Don't the MS6 come with the UP1C? For a tweeter that small, that's a pretty good tweeter.

The Morel MT23 and up are better and similarly sized. Easy swap.

The Dyne are quite a bit larger in both depth and diameter.

You MIGHT like the Hertz HT25. Small, a bit more forward. I have a set of those w/o passives and I think I have their recommended passive schematic somewhere.

DLS does not play the MS6 high, so you need the tweet to play low or you have a hole (assuming you use the set).

·
Registered
371 Posts
i got some nib hybrid l1s if you are interested. been trying to sell the l61-2 as a set but it seems the mids could be sold on there own fairly easily.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Any interest in some Morel MDT-22s or Dynaudio MD100s w/ passives?
The Dyn MD100s have excellent imaging and Mark is a great guy to deal with, buying or selling. For what its worth, I didn't like the HAT L1 Pro when I owned them and several of my friends who have had Focal tweeters found them a bit over powering. Of course, everyone has different tastes, so you may like the HATs or the Focals. I ran the MD100s active, and off-axis and loved them. I am no upgrading to the Dynaudio MD130 tweeters.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts