DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tweeters are showing an ohm of 938, so it looks to be time for new tweeters. Not sure what I want to spend yet, but I should have made up my mind $ wise by next Friday (payday). What kind of tweeters does everyone have for sell?

·
Registered
880 Posts
Pair of Eton CX260, same as LPG 25nfa with better mounting option. $75.00 plus shipping.

·
Registered
606 Posts
are you going active or passive? What mids are you mating these with? What kind of impedance are you looking for? What crossover point is important? What are your mounting options?

Answers to these questions will help in your search. good luck!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
are you going active or passive? What mids are you mating these with? What kind of impedance are you looking for? What crossover point is important? What are your mounting options?

Answers to these questions will help in your search. good luck!
This is for an active setup. Mating them with mpyre 6.5's. Impendence isn't a huge deal, I have enough power. Xover of 3k and up would be cool, but the ability to play lower won't hurt my feelings. I'm entertaining the idea of making tweeter pods for my a-pillar and using a large format tweeter, or (possibly) glassing my sail pods.

·
Registered
284 Posts
This is for an active setup. Mating them with mpyre 6.5's. Impendence isn't a huge deal, I have enough power. Xover of 3k and up would be cool, but the ability to play lower won't hurt my feelings. I'm entertaining the idea of making tweeter pods for my a-pillar and using a large format tweeter, or (possibly) glassing my sail pods.
You may want to read some of the reviews for the TBI tweets. They play low and retail for 200.00

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I understood the mpyres to be a midbass only speaker? Are you sure they will play high enough to mate up to any tweeters? How about a small fullrange?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I understood the mpyres to be a midbass only speaker? Are you sure they will play high enough to mate up to any tweeters? How about a small fullrange?
Looks like I should consider running 3 way on my components. Time to do a little researching.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Actually, give me a couple of days and I can let you know how well the Mpyres work in a 2-way setup. I am swapping them into my active front stage replacing a pair of CDT M6s (one of the M6s disconnected from the voicecoil) paired with a set of Seas Neo Al tweets...

The M6s sounded great, and I am hoping the Mpyres do even better... I believe I am crossing the tweets over at either 2.7k/30db or 3.2k/24db (can't remember off hand as I haven't tweaked that setup since last year)... I will be feeding the Mpyres with 350w RMS each from an ESX Quantum Q275.2. The Seas Neos are getting 150w RMS each from two channels of an ESX Quantum Q120.4. With control coming by way of a PXA-H701 and linked via balanced line drivers.

I will be crossing over the Mpyres at around 60-70hz as well... Like I said the M6s sounded great, just that they mechanically can't handle it. If the Mpyres sound as good I have zero doubt they will be able to handle the mechanical aspect as they are built like tanks for a 6.5" midbass...

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Dynaudio MD260 in excellent condition - $260 shipped (woofersetc has them for $400/pair). Bought these off the forum a few weeks back but I have decided to go in another direction. Note that these are large format size, but if you are glassing your A-pillars it won't be a problem; you might as well go all out!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts