DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, new here but I'm looking to install an older head unit in my 1979 Volvo 244. Eventually I'd like to adapt it for bluetooth input, so I'd prefer something that would make that relatively easy, say a head unit with a line-in input on the rear, or a CD changer.

I'm not opposed to a unit that only has a tape deck, but cursory research says that'll be more difficult to make work with Bluetooth unless I just did a Bluetooth cassette adapter.

Something like an Alpine 7903

Alpine 7228:

Kenwood KRC-555RL

Something along these lines, certainly doesn't have to be one of these decks specifically. Just to give you an idea of what I'm looking for.

Ideally, the harness would be included. LMK if you have anything, thanks!

· Registered
780 Posts
Ok. I’ll look and see if I have any other HU’s
This one is from 2002
I do have a few older soundstream rub Amps that are from the 90’s. Beast of amps and great sq
I do have a clarion that’s from the 90’s. This one was one of the top dogs of HU’s
I’ll get you more info if you like
It uses the 30pin Apple jack for audio and video. So that will tell you how old it is, I have the remote for it as well and it’s 100% working order

· Registered
1 Posts
Hey how’s it going, if your interested I do have an Alpine TDM-7582. It’s a detachable face cassette deck which also has CD-changer controls. I never had a changer to control.
Vehicle Auto part Electronic device Display device Font

Hey all, new here but I'm looking to install an older head unit in my 1979 Volvo 244. Eventually I'd like to adapt it for bluetooth input, so I'd prefer something that would make that relatively easy, say a head unit with a line-in input on the rear, or a CD changer.

I'm not opposed to a unit that only has a tape deck, but cursory research says that'll be more difficult to make work with Bluetooth unless I just did a Bluetooth cassette adapter.

Something like an Alpine 7903

Alpine 7228:

Kenwood KRC-555RL

Something along these lines, certainly doesn't have to be one of these decks specifically. Just to give you an idea of what I'm looking for.

Ideally, the harness would be included. LMK if you have anything, thanks!

· Registered
3,934 Posts
How about the classic Clarion DRZ9255 ??

Audio equipment Gadget Musical instrument accessory Font Media player

I have one in very good working and very good cosmetic condition with all needed parts for install except the remote control which is NOT necessary for operation.

The pic above is from the internet just in case you dont rtemeber what they look like, NOT the actual unit I have for sale.

Remember, these include a fully functional and integrated DSP

NOT gonna give it away, but will consider a fair price.

PM me if interested.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.