266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WTB/WTTF: Pioneer CDE6366 - 9ft Optical Cable

Product Brand & Model:

Pioneer CDE6366 - 9ft Optical Cable

Condition of all items: Working

Total Price: : Open

Shipping Terms: : Open

Pictures: - Unless you are a Upgraded member, or your last 10 iTrader feedbacks are positive, you must post a picture of the exact item you are selling.

Additional info:

Looking for a CDE6366 or equivalent to attached my XDV-P9 to my DEX-P9. I know this cable is discontinued but I am sure someone on here has one they might want to part with.

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio & Collova Media Inc. is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Saladfingers are selling 1, BNIB for $140...
Anyway, it is discontinued and replaced by CDE6690, which is $150.95 BNIB from Pioneer Parts...
Thank you. I have been talking to him about it but he has the 20ft'er. I want the 9ft'er or even the Pioneer/Carrozzeria CD-AD150 (1.5m/4.9ft). I am also looking for an Audio Technica AT7491 1.3m or 3m.

I have a CDE6690 to go between the DEX-P9 and DEQ-P9, now I need a shorter cable so I can mount the XDV-P90 in the glovebox or center console.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Well, last time I do have a thinking like you.... As my setup are quite similar to you, a P9 combo with SDV-P7... But after some search with 0 luck(Japan do have shorter lenght, but the price are quite similar to the 20ft), I ended up with 20ft instead.. What you need to do is just hide it somewhere....

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, last time I do have a thinking like you.... As my setup are quite similar to you, a P9 combo with SDV-P7... But after some search with 0 luck(Japan do have shorter lenght, but the price are quite similar to the 20ft), I ended up with 20ft instead.. What you need to do is just hide it somewhere....
I might just have to take your advice on this one. I am even wondering if the digital optical cable will make a difference after what I read in the XDV-P90 manual...

48kHz
Select this setting when using digital connections.
A 48 kHz signal is output regardless of the audio sampling frequency.
A 96 kHz signal is converted to a 48 kHz signal. (Initial setting)

96kHz
Select this setting when using analog connections.
The signal is output with the same frequency as the audio sampling frequency.
With a 96 kHz signal, you can enjoy exceptionally high sound quality

Note:
With discs featuring 96 kHz recording, if you select the “96kHz” setting, audio is not output from digital output.
• With discs do not feature a CSS (Content Scrambling System) copy guard signal, a 96 kHz digital signal is output. :confused::confused::confused:

I guess this is what is confusing me and making me wonder whether or not the optical cable is even worth using for the XDV-P90 :confused:

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Oh, this.....
Well, it depends on how you take it... For me, it do have some improvements on the volume....
Just take my system for example(currently the HU having problem on the CD mech and using SDV as primary CD player), before I got this optical cable, I need to crank the volume up from -16dB to -10dB to get my required listening volume....
Now with the optical cable, I only need -18dB to -16dB and it is quite loud for me....
The main reason is, with optical cable, your DEX-P9 will show "digital" on the volume and it bypass the ADC and sending digital signal directly to your DEQ(I think only)..
And with the above settings, you can't avoid that as you need to set it on either 48kHz or 96kHz... If you don't set it, your DVD won't have sound when you set to DTS... Dolby signal can be digital or analog but not DTS...

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, this.....
Well, it depends on how you take it... For me, it do have some improvements on the volume....
Just take my system for example(currently the HU having problem on the CD mech and using SDV as primary CD player), before I got this optical cable, I need to crank the volume up from -16dB to -10dB to get my required listening volume....
Now with the optical cable, I only need -18dB to -16dB and it is quite loud for me....
The main reason is, with optical cable, your DEX-P9 will show "digital" on the volume and it bypass the ADC and sending digital signal directly to your DEQ(I think only)..
And with the above settings, you can't avoid that as you need to set it on either 48kHz or 96kHz... If you don't set it, your DVD won't have sound when you set to DTS... Dolby signal can be digital or analog but not DTS...
Ahh ok this makes sense. I knew that using the digital cable would help avoid going through the digital to analog conversion twice, but I was wondering why they would recommend the 96khz analog for the best sound quality.

I might skip the optical cable now that I know what to expect. I don't even plan on using the XDV-P90 to play DVD's until later down the road. I've got plenty of headroom in my amps so I am not worried about running out of volume.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Just to add in another point to consider, after you change the settings and during CD playbacks, it will "hang" for 2-4 seconds...
But after sometime of using this and comparing to using IP-Bus as transport last time, other than volume, I get some(not that much anyway) quality improvements.. Is it really can justify that $140-150? You be the judge... But if once a blue moon this sucker pop up here for cheap, grab it without second thought....
I need this cable is due I'm using DEH-P01's mini amp, so that few dB matters.... But is just for testing and to see how far I can go with such combo....

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just to add in another point to consider, after you change the settings and during CD playbacks, it will "hang" for 2-4 seconds...
But after sometime of using this and comparing to using IP-Bus as transport last time, other than volume, I get some(not that much anyway) quality improvements.. Is it really can justify that $140-150? You be the judge... But if once a blue moon this sucker pop up here for cheap, grab it without second thought....
I need this cable is due I'm using DEH-P01's mini amp, so that few dB matters.... But is just for testing and to see how far I can go with such combo....
I appreciate the advice you have given me. It has helped me understand what is to be gained/lost with running the optical cable and will put me at ease with my purchase.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts