DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
have you listened to the amps. you may very well be over reacting. i have 2 z150.4lx amps in my 911 and all i can tell u is this, they sound great, i don't care which caps are in them. i do agree with u tho that if a change has been made it should be a V2 model and it seems like zapco clearly jumped the gun in this

i would suggest installing and listening to them before trashing them and throwing them under the bus

·
Registered
728 Posts
have you listened to the amps. you may very well be over reacting. i have 2 z150.4lx amps in my 911 and all i can tell u is this, they sound great, i don't care which caps are in them. i do agree with u tho that if a change has been made it should be a V2 model and it seems like zapco clearly jumped the gun in this

i would suggest installing and listening to them before trashing them and throwing them under the bus
Over reacting? You didn't see what I saw.. These are sub par parts according to others. I bought it expecting certain parts they advertised to be in there and I am not the only one who thinks this is a big deal. I had flipped inductors not installed in the correct orientation and my parts were all tilted in 50 different directions. I guess me and the many others are over reacting.. They changed the way the amp sounds.. that is a BIG deal. What about the guys who have two of these?

·
Registered
970 Posts
Over reacting? You didn't see what I saw.. These are sub par parts according to others. I bought it expecting certain parts they advertised to be in there and I am not the only one who thinks this is a big deal. I had flipped inductors not installed in the correct orientation and my parts were all tilted in 50 different directions. I guess me and the many others are over reacting.. They changed the way the amp sounds.. that is a BIG deal. What about the guys who have two of these?
1st, who said they are sub par
2nd, i agree that the amp should be a V2 since a change has been made, zapco clearly made a mistake
3rd, cant comment about the parts and how installed, didn't see them, u seem to be very secretive about it
4th, the main man at zapco said in writing that they prefer these amps with this different x brand of cap
5th, perhaps they did change the sound, you won't know until u try them

like i said, i have no dog in this fight, but i have 2 of these installed and they sound great.

would like to see a picture of the internals as well fi the amp is slapped together like you claim

good luck but again i would install them and try them, my money says that you will love them

·
Registered
728 Posts
1st, who said they are sub par
2nd, i agree that the amp should be a V2 since a change has been made, zapco clearly made a mistake
3rd, cant comment about the parts and how installed, didn't see them, u seem to be very secretive about it
4th, the main man at zapco said in writing that they prefer these amps with this different x brand of cap
5th, perhaps they did change the sound, you won't know until u try them

like i said, i have no dog in this fight, but i have 2 of these installed and they sound great.

would like to see a picture of the internals as well fi the amp is slapped together like you claim

good luck but again i would install them and try them, my money says that you will love them
My money paid for correct parts which yours probably have. You obvoiusly don't get why me and many others including some bigger names are upset.. I am sure YOUR amps are built fine. Only the 150.6LX is found to be an issue. He also said op amp changes which mien were not changed.. so they only pushed through part of the change? Combinations make final sounds.. its all very odd and with that said I am done.. believe what you want I will not be replying to this thread again.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Yes can we get a side by side shot of the Matt hall reviewed version and the one Got-Four-Eights has currently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Man,if that's true then that's completely unacceptable!your claim about the amplifiers internal parts and what they are supposed to contain,are the very exact reason I purchased these amps as well.this his highly concerning to me as well.i believe that I'll be heading out to the bench to start my own inspection.fingers crossed,that I got the amps that all of the marketing and good reviews were about.i really hope something good comes of this,although I'm not too sure it's possible.
-Ross-

·
Registered
728 Posts
Yes can we get a side by side shot of the Matt hall reviewed version and the one Got-Four-Eights has currently

I returned my amp....I may still use Zapco LX amps built the old way but it won't be because of how I feel about the company. It will only be based on the fact they are supposed to sound good. Right now I wish I had kept my Mosconi AS as they sound wonderful and the build quality is top notch.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I returned my amp....I may still use Zapco LX amps built the old way but it won't be because of how I feel about the company. It will only be based on the fact they are supposed to sound good. Right now I wish I had kept my Mosconi AS as they sound wonderful and the build quality is top notch.

Can always rebuy them and go zero series this time

·
Registered
428 Posts
Well I can say I enjoy how my amp sounds and it appears to be one of the "V2" as it was labeled earlier. I do agree with four-eights about the principle of the matter concerning no notification of the internals to the buyers of said amps. Some people bought them based on the information that was given prior to the remods which for some reason were never addressed and now you see the outcome of this lack of communication.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Well, this thread has certainly taken a left-turn...

I own two of these amplifiers (Z150.6LX). One of my amps is mounted in my vehicle (has been for the past year). The second one is sitting brand new in its box, in my basement. Eventually, I was hoping to build a 12 channel 'monster system' using both amps... but I doubt I'll ever get around to doing that.

Got-Four-Eights' comments had obviously caught my attention... so, last night I pulled the amp out of my vehicle, as well as the new amp in my basement, and opened them both up.

Nothing exciting to report... they both appear to be 'as advertised'. With that said; they both have 2014 Serial Numbers, so I assume they were built before these new changes.

I can't comment on anything that Got-Four-Eights has reported, as I've never experienced it myself. The amps that I own are amazing. Built like tanks, and they sound absolutely incredible.

Here are some snapshots of the guts of my amps. The build quality is excellent, and the parts are exactly as they are advertised. I'd be VERY interested to see a snapshot of the inside of Got-Four-Eights' amplifier, to compare the differences.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Personally I wanted what you have and would have been excited to have it.
I have a spare one... if you want to buy it.
As mentioned above, I'm not actively looking to sell it, because I still hold onto the dream of building my 13 channel monster system...
But I also need to face reality. It's never going to happen.
Brand new, still in the box.
Serial number: 00090.
It's the exact unit in the above pictures.
I've taken it out of the box twice: Once when I first got it, to test it with power. And the second time last night, to take the above pictures

The one mounted in my vehicle is Serial # 00084.
Both have 2014 production dates.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Well, this thread has certainly taken a left-turn...

I own two of these amplifiers (Z150.6LX). One of my amps is mounted in my vehicle (has been for the past year). The second one is sitting brand new in its box, in my basement. Eventually, I was hoping to build a 12 channel 'monster system' using both amps... but I doubt I'll ever get around to doing that.

Got-Four-Eights' comments had obviously caught my attention... so, last night I pulled the amp out of my vehicle, as well as the new amp in my basement, and opened them both up.

Nothing exciting to report... they both appear to be 'as advertised'. With that said; they both have 2014 Serial Numbers, so I assume they were built before these new changes.

I can't comment on anything that Got-Four-Eights has reported, as I've never experienced it myself. The amps that I own are amazing. Built like tanks, and they sound absolutely incredible.

Here are some snapshots of the guts of my amps. The build quality is excellent, and the parts are exactly as they are advertised. I'd be VERY interested to see a snapshot of the inside of Got-Four-Eights' amplifier, to compare the differences.

Can you please send a close-up pic of the RCAs and the gain knobs? Since, apparently, yours is a V1 series LX amp I would like to see what they look like. If I can get one of the V1 series amps from my dealer, I will probably get one right away and put it on the credit card. If I can't get a V1 series, I will probably wait until I have enough funds to acquire it (or some other amp) outright with cash.

·
Registered
970 Posts
i don't get why you guys are freaking out about the caps being changed. the man that runs zapco said they preferred x brand of caps and planning to make a V2 amp. maybe what he got was a first run before the announcement etc. i dunno but without listening to the amp etc u guys are overreacting. some of you make it sound like zapco being sneaky and selling a $1500 amp that has the guts of a power akoustik amp.

these caps cost typically a buck to 10 bucks each on line so i wouldn't sweat it

as far as the amp being slapped together like he claims thats not acceptable but we will never know atleast regarding this particular amp, no pic

·
Registered
526 Posts
i don't get why you guys are freaking out about the caps being changed. the man that runs zapco said they preferred x brand of caps and planning to make a V2 amp. maybe what he got was a first run before the announcement etc. i dunno but without listening to the amp etc u guys are overreacting. some of you make it sound like zapco being sneaky and selling a $1500 amp that has the guts of a power akoustik amp.

these caps cost typically a buck to 10 bucks each on line so i wouldn't sweat it

as far as the amp being slapped together like he claims thats not acceptable but we will never know atleast regarding this particular amp, no pic

You can go ahead and get the new "V2" series, but for me in my experience, manufacturers don't upgrade present models to improve the product. They do it to improve their profit.

I am going to do my best to see if I can get a V1 series LX amp.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Can you please send a close-up pic of the RCAs and the gain knobs? Since, apparently, yours is a V1 series LX amp I would like to see what they look like. If I can get one of the V1 series amps from my dealer, I will probably get one right away and put it on the credit card. If I can't get a V1 series, I will probably wait until I have enough funds to acquire it (or some other amp) outright with cash.
???
I won't keep taking a brand new amplifier apart, just to snap more pictures.
I'm not sure how 'close up' you want... but the pictures I posted give a pretty good visual of the RCAs and Gain Knobs.

41 - 60 of 119 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.