DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed a new Joying. LR front out to Dayton Audio DSP Channel 1 and 2 in. Chanel 1+2 out from Dayton to input on Rockford amp channel 1+2 in for Tweeters, then out to tweeters from Amp. Channel 3+4 out from Dayton into 3+4 input on Rockford, channel 3+4 out to Mids in doors. I know I hooked everything up right.

I turn on head unit, no problem, but Amps arent turning on. I know amp remote is connected.... nah, you need to go into settings on the Joying and tell it you are running external amps for it to apparently send the signal through the amp remote on wire.

Ok, so now amps have turned on, but NO SOUND. Whats going on. Im thinking it is the dsp, so I simply park Corvette next to truck and plug the mids out on the dsp in my truck into the mids in on the rockford, essentially Im now using the input source from the head unit on my truck. Pow, I have sound. Ok, so it much have been the dsp. So I take the new dsp that I had no sound on and plug it into my truck... boom, it works fine.

Ok, ok... so now Im thinking , wth , do I actually need to go into setting on the joying and tell it to use front LR outs to send the signal into the dsp? So, I take the RCAs coming from the Joying and run it into the dsp im my truck...pow, I have sound.

I have basically isolated the amps, the head unit, the dsp individually from the corvette over to my truck and it all worked, yet when I had them all hooked up together in the Vette, I had no sound. IM done for the day. I need some beers at the local brewery. Back at this crap tomorrow.

Ive never been more frustrated.

· Registered
11,365 Posts
Get some beers, but i bet most will stop reading after the first 4 words :)

· Registered
11,365 Posts
Maybe, im sure my story was as dizzying as o feel right now. I even switched out the rca cables on the output from the dsp.... still nothing.
The story was fine, but Joying HU's generally tend to be problem city and only those who have them have the answers to fix them.

· Registered
2017 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali
2,349 Posts
Sounds like you’ve looked into everything i can think of, have a couple beers & sleep on it and get back at it tomorrow. I know there’s a pretty long joying thread maybe the answer is in here somewhere but at the same time you did get it to work in the truck. 🤷‍♂️ 🍻 Good Luck!

· Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Something just occurred to me - the Corvette is a fiberglass car. Could there be an issue with the grounding going between all the various components?
Well, the dsp and both amps power up when the HU is turned on. I have completely put the Corvette back together. Fixed the 2 sub box down to a 1 sub box for my silverado and got that all back together. I am done messing with the vette for a few days. I will then go back at it. Im gonna pull the HU and try using different outputs and different RCA cables. What about the volts out of the head unit? I think its only 2....but, it worked when I ran that signal from the Joying into my silverado. Im honestly dumbfounded but a few days away might help me.

· Premium Member
2016 Mazda 6 GT
2,519 Posts
I too think it may be a ground issue. The RCAs may be grounding the corvette radio from the truck. That’s why it works and throwing you off. Ground the joying directly to the battery and see what you get. That’s where I’d start anyway. Good luck

· Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I too think it may be a ground issue. The RCAs may be grounding the corvette radio from the truck. That’s why it works and throwing you off. Ground the joying directly to the battery and see what you get. That’s where I’d start anyway. Good luck
But the Joying powers up, the Joying connects to wifi and i get to YouTube music and see the counter going playing the music. The power light comes on for the 2 Rockford amps and the Dayton dsp.......all the equipment powers up. If I turn the volume way up I faintly hear the music. Im baffled.

· Premium Member
2016 Mazda 6 GT
2,519 Posts
Well maybe not then. Is there a high/low level setting or output voltage selector in the joying software?

· Premium Member
2016 Mazda 6 GT
2,519 Posts
And also try disconnecting RCAs from the amps and the remote from the radio. Take a jumper wire from the amp positive cable and feed it to the remote amp turn on. It should power up. If it doesn’t check amp grounds.

· Registered
3,058 Posts
I would reset Head unit, check for any kind of settings on the RCA output, check all the settings on the DSP input. Also check balance/fader settings on HU....If all components are powering up, then changing grounds should have no impact on HU performance....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.