DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a cosmetically good (few small nicks) black art a404 that sounds like new. I ran it in my car for a few weeks after trading some Alpine DDD speakers for it. It works perfectly.

I just got my Zapco DC reference amps. Now I don't need all the bells and whistles from my Alpine HU. It is a CDA 9854 which includes time alignment and a 2 or 3 way crossover, AiNet, etc. It is cosmetically perfect. I am not certain if I have the remote (need to look for it).

I am willing to trade any combination of the PPI, the Alpine, and cash to get a nice SQ oriented HU. I simply want to upgrade the CD playback quality. Doesn't need bells and whistles because that is done at the amps.

Clarion Pro, Sony ES, older Eclipse, Denon, McIntosh, what else?

LMK if you are interested and what you have.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just to clarify - the amp and HU don't have to be a package deal. Either / Or, +/- cash, I am open for whatever options.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jesse! Is it too soon to get rid of the PPI? :) Did you get those Alpine components installed?

I have to be honest, in a way, the PPI sounds warmer and more open than the 1000 watt Zapco I just put in. Granted, the Zapco has more brute strength on the subs, but the Art at half the power on the 3 ways hangs right in there. Not putting down the Zapco, but there is a signature sound to the PPI. I know a lot of guys say that a watt is a watt, but I know what I hear. Those Art amps sound great. If I don't get a great offer for it, I will put it in my wife's car and enjoy it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
In lieu of the Zappys I'd say it's a reasonable tradeoff. Been too busy to get the comps installed, but that's not a bad thing. Hopefully this weekend, you'll be the second to know. ;)

I'll be amazed if you don't hear from Colin (WRX/Z28 aka ampwhore) soon.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I am surprised he (WRX) hasn't already chimed in. I thought he had some sort of PPI spider sense or something.

·
Tuning is everything.
2,761 Posts
In lieu of the Zappys I'd say it's a reasonable tradeoff. Been too busy to get the comps installed, but that's not a bad thing. Hopefully this weekend, you'll be the second to know. ;)

I'll be amazed if you don't hear from Colin (WRX/Z28 aka ampwhore) soon.
Someone called me? lol My spider sense was working, I saw, just thought it was for trade, and don't have many decks...

Yeah, I am surprised he (WRX) hasn't already chimed in. I thought he had some sort of PPI spider sense or something.
I thought it was trade only, and I only really have a basic deck at the moment. If you're interested in an older Excelon kenwood, or selling, PM me.

He does, it's just where it makes him tingle that's different. :laugh:
Wha.... :confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts