DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought the sub from a local guy going on a year ago. When I got it, it had a misaligned coil. Thanks to a CA.com member from Image Dynamics I got the shims used for the re-cone and realigned the coil. It works great now. The coil does have some scratches from the misalignment but it doesn't seem to affect the performance. Appearance I'd give it a 6/10, the cone isn't bad but the back is rather ugly. I'm not sure if it's a D4 or D2 right off the top of my head because I used a Xenon 600.1 so I wasn't worried about the final load. I just wired it parallel. I think it's a D4 though. Any interests and I'll get that info plus pictures.

Post what you have for trade of what you think is an equal value and you never know I may take it.

Confirmed, coils read 3.4-3.6 so it's a DVC 4ohm.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
how much? what are you interested in?
I'm not really sure, I'm really more interested in trading for something. Let's see they're worth $250+ in mint condition I suppose. Subtract for the appearance and scratches on the coil, I figure it's worth between $125-$150.

I'm interested in just about anything car audio related. I'd take one of those Clarion 785usb decks for it, a 30 band eq, a good size battery, maybe even a e8xxx series cpu. The deal will be sweeter if I don't have to pay shipping.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
i wouldn't mind seeing pictures. Also, it would be good to find out d4 or d2. Any references?
Hmmm, haven't needed one of those in a while. I can't remember if I have bought/sold on this forum or not, I know a few members here have bought from me, but I'm not sure if it was through this site. I've even given away free stuff. Just search my user name on CA.com, if that's not enough I can give you my sn to an Nissan forum which I've had many, many transactions.

I have some older pictures when it still had a mis-aligned coil but it's pretty much in the same shape. I tried checking the impedance but my DMM is dead so I'll have to pick up a new battery before I know for sure.

·
Registered
606 Posts
hmmm, well, i have a near mint diamond tdx 12 d2 that i might be interested in trading for the idmax plus some cash, and maybe some Alpine SPX pro tweets. I will keep it in mind, and let me know when you figure out the impedance. Also, if you can take pics of the coil, that would be good too.

thanks!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmmm, well, i have a near mint diamond tdx 12 d2 that i might be interested in trading for the idmax plus some cash, and maybe some Alpine SPX pro tweets. I will keep it in mind, and let me know when you figure out the impedance. Also, if you can take pics of the coil, that would be good too.

thanks!
No thanks on the Diamond. It's a D4.

never powered 12" RE SE ('05 version :))
If it were a 15" I might have been interested. Thanks for the offer though.

·
Registered
539 Posts
How about my 15" Focal 38vx? Straight up trade?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts