Used 9.5/10 Condition

Total Price: :

Trade for:

HIGH END 5 or 6 Channel Amp
2 Sets of Imagine 6 Comps
JBL MS-8

Shipping Terms: :

I'll ship you mine if you ship me yours

Pictures: - Unless you are a Upgraded member, or your last 10 iTrader feedbacks are positive, you must post a picture of the exact item you are selling.

hru by rockytophigh, on Flickr

hru1 by rockytophigh, on Flickr

hru2 by rockytophigh, on Flickr
Birthsheet!!! Massive Class AB Power!!

Additional info:

Channels 2 Channel Class A/B 4 Channel Class A/B
RMS Power @ 4 Ohm, 14.4V 500w x 2 140w x 4
RMS Power @ 2 Ohm, 14.4V 900w x 2 240w x 4
RMS Power @ 4 Ohm Bridged, 14.4V 1,800w x 1 480w x 2
THD (4 Ohm Power) 0.005% 0.005%
Frequency Response 10-40kHz 10-40kHz
Signal-to-Noise Ratio (4 Ohm Power) 105dB 105dB
Damping Factor (100Hz, 4 Ohm) 1,800 1,800
Signal Voltage 300mV-5V 300mV-5V
Potential Current Draw 200A 140A
Dimensions: (2.75"hx11.125"w) 22.125" 22.125"
Channels 1&2 HPF (12dB/octave) 50-500Hz / 500-5kHz 50-500Hz / 500-5kHz
Channels 1&2 LPF (24dB/octave) 40-160Hz -
Channels 3&4 HPF (12dB/octave) - 50-500Hz,
Channels 3&4 LPF (24dB/octave) - 40-160Hz
Hawkins Bass Boost 0-9dB, 50-70Hz 0-9dB, 50-70Hz
Subsonic Filter 12dB, 13-30Hz 12dB, 13-30Hz
Phase Control 180º 180º

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio & Collova Media Inc. is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Up Up Up

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
if I had a nice car I would put that nice amp in it.

alas...my hoopty is not worthy. plus I dont have a place to put it that wouldnt risk it getting damaged.

one of the last great super deals right there.

Cost to build was what, three times more than the clearance price when they sold them?

something like that.

its also 30lbs of bad ass

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if I had a nice car I would put that nice amp in it.

alas...my hoopty is not worthy. plus I dont have a place to put it that wouldnt risk it getting damaged.

one of the last great super deals right there.

Cost to build was what, three times more than the clearance price when they sold them?

something like that.

its also 30lbs of bad ass
I know man. That's the only reason I'd part with it. The Imagine and MS-8 are going in my hooptie (1995 Camry).

Sir Mix-A-Lot - My Hooptie (HD) Official - YouTube

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
$400 shipped to your door.....

I don't know why I buy things lol. Now I'm going to have a Ultimo SC 10 BNIB that I have no use for. I hate this forum sometimes. When I find work, I'm getting a better car....until then there's just no sense in having this high end equipment in a $1500 car.

I've gone from a Davinci and Boston Pros/JL10w6v2s to a Clarion running stock 17 year old Toyota speakers. Thanks for letting me vent :0)

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
up up up

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
You should totally reconsider that Ultimo SC 10. I run the SC 12 and love it.

Any interest in a Zuki 6-channel for possible trade?

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You should totally reconsider that Ultimo SC 10. I run the SC 12 and love it.

Any interest in a Zuki 6-channel for possible trade?
Yes if it's a Eleets model. I shouldn't have sold my Genesis Profile 5....now it looks like my Soundstream D'artagnan is going to sell on Ebay so I'll need something to power all this.

·
Registered
126 Posts
This has the power that I am looking for in a 4-channel. I am getting one in the next couple of weeks. I am just trying to choose. I don't know much at all about Soundstream. I have done a little thumbing around the forum and google and it sounds like this is a pretty good amp.

I have always read about Genesis, Sinfoni, Mcintosh, Zapco, TRU, and DLS. I was originally looking for one of these. Genesis is my first pic but I would like to have a company that I can be sure that I can send it to if I need to have it serviced. I like that I can have this one serviced.

Is this of the same quality as the aforementioned amplifiers? If a couple of people could chime in on this I would appreciate it.

Also, do I have to get new cables and connectors like Zapco's symbilink for this amplifier?

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This was Fourthmeal's amp here on the forum. You can search for his for sale thread and get gut pics, more info, install pics, etc. I will own another one of these one day....of course that's how I ended up with two MC500s too lol.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I read the thread. Any idea on how this compares to the aforementioned brands? If it is as good as some of the reviews say then why so little love on the forum for soundstream?

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I read the thread. Any idea on how this compares to the aforementioned brands? If it is as good as some of the reviews say then why so little love on the forum for soundstream?
There's a ton of love for Soundstream here.....but you have to know the difference between OLD SS and NEW SS. Trust me :)

I've sold ALL this within the last 5 months or so:

SS 001 by rockytophigh, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have owned Genesis and Zapco. However you won't see my collection of either because I never fell in love with their sound.

ANY of the mentioned brands.....will be excellent for you without a doubt. No way to lose on this one.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
That's the coolest freezer I have EVER seen!

(pun intended, and truly envious)

·
Registered
126 Posts
There's a ton of love for Soundstream here.....but you have to know the difference between OLD SS and NEW SS. Trust me :)

I've sold ALL this within the last 5 months or so:

SS 001 by rockytophigh, on Flickr
So this being the most recent version of the human reign I take it that it falls into the NEW SS. So does this mean that it is not as good quality as the first (IMO ugly) version?

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So this being the most recent version of the human reign I take it that it falls into the NEW SS. So does this mean that it is not as good quality as the first (IMO ugly) version?
Same internals.....different cover is all. That "ugly" cover is what made the first version so expensive....well, this one is the same guts...prettier face IMO.

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Thanks, lol. That was actually "almost" all of it.

·
Registered
167 Posts

For SHO! I loved those old SS amps back in the mid '90s Last I looked the brand went south and it was being sold at flea markets. I take it they've improved some since then?

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
For SHO! I loved those old SS amps back in the mid '90s Last I looked the brand went south and it was being sold at flea markets. I take it they've improved some since then?
Yes....and no. they still have their "entry level" stuff like:

NEW Soundstream RUB1.1600D Mono-Channel Car Audio Amplifier | eBay

SOUNDSTREAM TX1.2000D MONO CLASS D AMPLIFIER 2000 WATT RMS NEW (709483035591) | eBay

NEW SOUNDSTREAM STEALTH STL6.620 Car Amplifier (709483031708) | eBay

I AM NOT saying these are bad amps. Not a clue.....

Then they have their better amps:

SOUNDSTREAM REF4.920 920 WATTS 4 CHANNEL REFERENCE OS | eBay

Then their is their top of the line HRU (which they do not produce anymore because the public did not want to pay $1500 per amp). Both the Reference and HRU were made to old Soundstream specs using only the best available parts.

Hope this helps guys.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.