DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Yeah the 150.6 II has doubled. I shoulda bought one.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
The ST-2X SQ was reduced by $10 more to $69.95. however, the "sale" code discount was reduced to 5%.

https://www.worldwidestereo.com/products/zapco-st-2x-sq-class-a-b-2-channel-sound-quality-amplifier-st-2xsq
Thanks. Comes to $64 shipped. I grabbed it so it matches the st-204d sq I got from them and maintains a/b on tweets. I can sell the old zapco studio 100 on ebay for like 175 so why not...

All new amps..:D

That st-204d is almost too powerful for my mids. That is the most powerful 4 channel I had. Stronger than the ref 1000.4 and 1/4 the size..Still sounds great

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Jeez, I want so badly to have a need for one of those. lol

I know one of my Zapco DSP amps is going to crater some day, and I'm going to need to replace it, as they're not really repairable anymore... already had to throw away a 1000.4 which nearly made me cry. :( I should buy 1 or 2 of them to sit in the closet for a rainy day. <sigh>

·
Registered
10 Posts
I purchased a couple of these amps and they arrived today. They were not packaged at all, except for the Zapco boxes the amps come in. I'm a little surprised they didn't package them better. Anyone else have this happen??

·
Registered
347 Posts
I purchased a couple of these amps and they arrived today. They were not packaged at all, except for the Zapco boxes the amps come in. I'm a little surprised they didn't package them better. Anyone else have this happen??
I bought a half dozen in their sale and all were in additional cardboard boxes.

·
Registered
23 Posts
im in the same boat as you. i called them and they said that it was shipped from a local warehouse to me so they dont actually do the boxing themselves.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ken, did they offer to do anything? It was raining lightly when I got home, but I think the amps are ok. The amp boxes however are pretty beaten up. Also, there are shipping labels on both boxes.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Mine were double-boxed. The actual Zapco boxes had some shelf wear, but the amplifiers were as new. They came really quickly.

I've ordered a fair amount of gear from them over the years and have yet to be disappointed.

YMMV

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ken, did they offer to do anything? It was raining lightly when I got home, but I think the amps are ok. The amp boxes however are pretty beaten up. Also, there are shipping labels on both boxes.
yes he did. you would want to call them and let them know your issue. he will most likely offer you an option if they are damaged.

also noticed the sale is there still but reduced on items and percentage. anyone who wants to get in on it, its still worth it as zapco doesnt seem to ever have sales on their items. and definitely not on their higher end items like the series 2 which i have been interested in for years.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Both my amps arrived in sealed zapco boxes with all padding and accessories/manual

·
Registered
23 Posts
after seeing a few people opening up amps on youtube and one above, i have a curious thought. i never really understood the fascination of opening up an amp.;)
unless its broken but even then i wouldnt even know how to fix one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I contacted WWS, and explained my issue. They were very helpful, and offered to replace the amps at no cost to me. I'll be waiting on the replacement amps until they receive the ones being shipped back, but I am happy with the resolution.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Hell of a deal for that amp

21 - 37 of 37 Posts