DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to see if anyone here has used the Xcelsus Magnifico or Magma line of amplifiers? I have had both for awhile, but haven't ran them yet. Any subjective input out there in DIYMA land?
I know that the amp I would get (From Xcelsus) to take their place would be the Prototype staggered power 6ch, but to my knowledge has never came to full fruition. Only the guys in the industry with some connections have been able to get their hands on it.
Anyhow, if anyone has personal experience with the aforementioned amp lines or I suppose any relevant insight, I would appreciate the input!

I have attached a couple photos of a modded example. Possibly a couple tweaks would make them worthy of a quality system?
Automotive lighting Rectangle Font Automotive exterior Body jewelry

Rectangle Cylinder Font Nickel Auto part

Table Gadget Audio equipment Circuit component Automotive design

Font Number Document Screenshot Event
Electronic instrument Entertainment Rectangle Font Audio equipment

Registered
2011 Prius rsx gs9>apl1 >helix dsp ultra>2 brax mx4鈥檚 &jl Audio 600/1> full focal Utopia m
I have all 3 amplifiers mentioned but can鈥檛 find the time to play around with them. One Sunday me and @Truthunter will do a blind test with them, the Zapco Ap and the McIntosh mc431. I wouldn鈥檛 hesitate to buy any of their products though, rest assure that it鈥檚 a quality amplifier.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe you can scrape up some xxm425 for me sometime too Kev? I became tired of waiting & picked up a pair of 12m's instead.

Looking forward to your comparisons!

& if the proto ever comes up for grabs... lmk!

Registered
2011 Prius rsx gs9>apl1 >helix dsp ultra>2 brax mx4鈥檚 &jl Audio 600/1> full focal Utopia m
XXW875?

Typed before I looked closely. XXM875. I was close
They鈥檙e waiting on feedback on these so I have to find time tomorrow so break them in and test them. I鈥檒l have a all xcellsus setup at Svr this year, anyone interested in hearing the xxm425鈥檚 can come take a listen.

Attachments

Registered
Back to the amplifiers, I just spoke to Dawid and apart from the 6 channel prototype, the next in line for sq is the definio line. Let me know if you want help finding a dealer.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a 2, a 4 & a 310.2ab already.
Car I planned a build in was totaled & new car has less room available, so I've been considering my options, selling what wouldn't have worked & replacing with what will integrate better. While I'm at it, I've taken another look at each item.

Registered
I have a 2, a 4 & a 310.2ab already.
Car I planned a build in was totaled & new car has less room available, so I've been considering my options, selling what wouldn't have worked & replacing with what will integrate better. While I'm at it, I've taken another look at each item.
Gotcha, i also have a few Audiofrog 4 cha
@Mullings have you played with the 6.5 I think it is the xxm675? I think it's a spiderless also not sure
Sure did, these are among best sounding 6鈥 speakers I鈥檝e ever heard, open and smooth unrestrained midrange. This company definitely doesn鈥檛 get the exposure it deserves.

Attachments

Registered
Sure did, these are among best sounding 6鈥 speakers I鈥檝e ever heard, open and smooth unrestrained midrange. This company definitely doesn鈥檛 get the exposure it deserves.
Ok sweet. Are you running these in the doors or in kick enclosures? I wondering how they would fare in a door application since there is no spider and the voice coil is protected by the foam. Would moisture be an issue with these? Being that these are aluminum cone drivers are there any audible ringing? I know ringing is something that manufacturers try to address. It seems you really like them and you wouldn't put them in your car if there is an issue but still wanted to ask.

Registered
Ok sweet. Are you running these in the doors or in kick enclosures? I wondering how they would fare in a door application since there is no spider and the voice coil is protected by the foam. Would moisture be an issue with these? Being that these are aluminum cone drivers are there any audible ringing? I know ringing is something that manufacturers try to address. It seems you really like them and you wouldn't put them in your car if there is an issue but still wanted to ask.
I thought the cone material was aluminum too but it鈥檚 not and he doesn鈥檛 want to tell me what material it is. I tested them for about 2 months in the doors of my f150 and sent them to another competitor because my setup is 3way and I wouldn鈥檛 use them as midbass drivers so I spread the love. The 875鈥檚 are spiderless with a ferrite magnet in the chamber and neo on the back, and is well suited for IB application with a qtc of .67, I鈥檒l give my feedback by the end of the week.

Registered
I thought the cone material was aluminum too but it鈥檚 not and he doesn鈥檛 want to tell me what material it is. I tested them for about 2 months in the doors of my f150 and sent them to another competitor because my setup is 3way and I wouldn鈥檛 use them as midbass drivers so I spread the love.
Alright, my next question was about using them as a dedicated midbass, but you took care of that question.
Thanks for your time.
@TylorMcVey, sorry for the high jack:)

Registered
The 875鈥檚 are spiderless with a ferrite magnet in the chamber and neo on the back, and is well suited for IB application with a qtc of .67, I鈥檒l give my feedback by the end of the week.
Kevin is letting me test drive these XXM875s before he is able to install in his truck. Got them installed last night.
Hoping to write up some initial impressions by the end of the weekend. I've been using JL ZR800s for the past 5 years and also tried Dyn MW182s for about 6 months. The mounting diameter and hole pattern is almost an exact match to the JLs.

Camera accessory Audio equipment Cameras & optics Film camera Car subwoofer

1 - 20 of 29 Posts