DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have the pxa h701 and I'm trying to get xm radio to work with it. I bought the audiovox universal adapter for it and when I plugged it into the processors changer port it just frooze up my iva w205. I called up alpine and they had no clue why it didn't work. I was then told by a local car audio guy that I need an older xm unit. He said that the newer unit only works with the radio direct and not the processor. Well I got the older unit today and I can get it to show up on the ivaw205 but it keeps flashing antenna. I swaped out the antenna for another with with no luck. I'm guessing I might just have a bad xm module but I'm really getting frustrated. Is it that hard to get xm in my car :) I'm sure it's a lot easier then I am making it out to be.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
nothing? I'm sure some of ya have xm.

·
Registered
991 Posts
what XM unit are you using? an portable/transferable (star mate etc) or a Terk Alpie-specific module?

"audiovox universal adapter" what is that? got a link? got a link to the XM unit you are using?

if you are plugging in an Alpine Ai-net to rca-adapter then running RCA's off of the XM unit, there is no reason for it not to work unless the XM is bad. Is the unit new? used? used but new to you?

Where did the display say "finding antenna?" the screen of the W205?

I ran a Sirius STiletto portable directly into the Aux-1 AND via the Changer Ai-net port with no issues at all. Other than level matching everything. I was using the H701 to run everything the OE HU into AUx1 & the XM/Sirius into the changer port.

Rob

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what XM unit are you using? an portable/transferable (star mate etc) or a Terk Alpie-specific module?

"audiovox universal adapter" what is that? got a link? got a link to the XM unit you are using?

if you are plugging in an Alpine Ai-net to rca-adapter then running RCA's off of the XM unit, there is no reason for it not to work unless the XM is bad. Is the unit new? used? used but new to you?

Where did the display say "finding antenna?" the screen of the W205?

I ran a Sirius STiletto portable directly into the Aux-1 AND via the Changer Ai-net port with no issues at all. Other than level matching everything. I was using the H701 to run everything the OE HU into AUx1 & the XM/Sirius into the changer port.

Rob
Hey Rob thanx for taking a look at my post.

I was using the audiovox xm adapter that is listed under cruchfeild's website for the ivaw205.

XM Direct 2 Alpine Car Kit Add XM Satellite Radio to your Alpine receiver at Crutchfield.com

I then tried a alpine xm adapter. Alpine XM Tuner, TUA-T020XM
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-OwnRNstfnrq
/p_500T020XM/Alpine-TUA-T020XM.html

I was told this is the unit that works with the pxa h701.

The Finding antenna was flashing on the lover left hand corner of the ivaw205. It would display the music info, I just wasn't getting any audio.

What ever else u wanna know let me know. I want my damn xm :)

thanx again.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had the same problem with my terk xm radio adapter. It worked fine with the w200, but once I got the processor it would freeze like yours. I finally gave up and ripped that **** out. Good luck, I'll be watching to see if you figure it out better than I could.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had the same problem with my terk xm radio adapter. It worked fine with the w200, but once I got the processor it would freeze like yours. I finally gave up and ripped that **** out. Good luck, I'll be watching to see if you figure it out better than I could.
I figured it out. With help from the instructions for the sirius module. The tech help at alpine was lacking to say the least, so I just looked how they set it up. U have to go from the ivaw205 to the input of the xm unit. Out of the xm to the hd receiver, then out of the hd to the pxa h701. I was having problems with the antenna because the module I had, was just for xm and had to be updated. I installed everything and put it on channel one and it did the update. I thought everything was working fine until I got to work and I had no signal. Turns out the dodge chargers have metallic windsheilds and mouting them under the glass is less then ideal. I put it on the trunk and it's working pretty good. It cut out in a few areas but I'm to lazy to mount it on the roof right now. Good luck with anyone else who does this. I'd have sirius but I want the mlb package so I didn't have much choice. If you u have any questions feel free to pm me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts