DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a woofer for a while now.

I thought I had made my decision on the new Brahma mark 3 but they seem as they will never be available.

I read people talking about the XXLS woofer here alot but just how good are they? Are they comparable to Brahma woofers? or DLS??

Because at the price they are selling them, they are very interesting!!! If they are close to the sound of the Brahma or W6/W7 and so, I definately would buy one.

I guess no one ever compared them to woofer I know so I don't have a clear idea of the capacity of the woofer.

Thanks

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
They simple don't have the brute force excursion that the Brahma and XXX have. However, for most people they have plenty of output. Their big selling point is the rather high efficiency, attention to detail with respect to build quality and consistency, and low distortion in the upper frequencies as well as bottom.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have to admit that I would like to get close to 140db's. I was hoping to do some competition soon so a versital SQL woofer was my first choice. Would like to compete in SQ and SPL.

But that price is LOW!! It may be worth a try... Might look for a used one to try out.

But I can't listen to one before buying!!! Damn, why do I live in Canda!??!?!??!?

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Have you considered subs like the Sound Splinter rlp12, Crystal Comp 12, or Treo SSX12?? Those are very comparible, if not better output, than the Adire or RE.

·
Registered
578 Posts
My friend managed to average 136-139dbs with just 2 10" JL W3 & a Rockhard Prostate 500watt amp... Subs were in .8^3 each sealed...

I don't see why you couldn't hit 140's with a pair of XXLS 12" & say 600-800watts in a sealed box...

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually, I'm looking for only 1 woofer. Want to keep trunk slightly available.

I have only heard of Treo before but I will look into the 2 other brands. Problem with the Treo sub is the price and accessibility. I live in Canada.

I am primarely looking for a SQ sub. But one that can get loud is even better. Hoping for 600WRMS or less to save on amp cost.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I know of someone in SoCal who is a Treo dealer. He can do online sales if you dont have any Treo dealer close to you. LMK

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.