DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Mike and I am currently in the process building a decently loud system in my 87 monte carlo. I go through fazes with car audio which are usually kicked off with me finding a really good deal on something and then building a system of some sort out of it. My current build started when I was given a set of original 12w3's from a friend.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
My name is Mike and I am currently in the process building a decently loud system in my 87 monte carlo. I go through fazes with car audio which are usually kicked off with me finding a really good deal on something and then building a system of some sort out of it. My current build started when I was given a set of original 12w3's from a friend.
The 12W3's are pretty good subs, but for SQ and are not rated for crazy power. The 12W6 gave me a little both SQ and that nice bass shaking feeling. But I love Monte Carlos (on of my favs is the 78 and the 87) but love the older 78 more because it has more body to it. One of the few cars that actually has curves and a nice ass :laugh:.

Hello, everyone, I am new here, and I want to know more here, and also hope we can have a good time here. :laugh:
You'll learn a lot here. I went from knowing a little to knowing whats realistic and better when choosing a system. Also you'll learn formulas on wiring speakers, crossovers, building enclosures and crap like that.

I've been a member for 2 years and I can truly say I've learn a lot here.:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts