DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013 VW CC
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to post a audio clip or video so I can post this weird sound my amp makes from one channel when it gets warm/hot?

it comes out of channel 5 on B2 audio 1200.6. Once it starts it will kind of cycle and do it about every 10 seconds and it’s a series of weird sounds. Hard to explain but I would say it sounds like what I imagine a small capacitor or something inside the amp doing to release pressure.. it’s definitely something coming from inside the amplifier for sure 100%. I’ve checked everything. I’ve actually entirely reworked my system two times in 1.5 years and have always had this amp do this. I’ve had a Dayton dsp and jl twk88 and different head unit. The one thing unchanged is the amp and the sounds.

it is also a noisy amp. I actually am starting to dislike it more and more. I thinkit’s noise floor is getting worse and worse as I can now hear hiss with no rca hooked to it and notice it more during music. That’s another reason I had the thread about setting gains. Trying to fight this hiss also.
Sometimes in channel 6 it will have more of a electric buzz noise. It’s low but I can hear it. Even when car is off.

my electrical is 370 amp alternator to front battery
1/0 gauge everything
Two runs of 1/0 to rear. Both are power. If it makes more sense to use one for ground then easily swapped.
Big 3 or more all upgraded.
Second battery in rear also used as a distro block and grounded to the body next to the battery.
Then 1/0 to the 2500.1 and 1200.6

Pretty sure this electrical is definitely up to par!

anyways back to the point. How can I post the strange noise?

·
Registered
201 Posts
YouTube link?

·
Registered
2013 VW CC
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Definitely sounds like a loose/intermittent connection.
When things get warmer, metal expands and can loosen connections.

Start with the ez things to check like

--power wires on BOTH ends and also at distilled/fuse bloc. Also check fuse for full insertion/connection

--RCA cables on both ends

Of course if it is none of those things, then the loose connection may well be internal to the amp... iow like a bad solder on the motherboard.

·
Registered
2013 VW CC
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It’s definitely internal. I’ve replaced all rca to Stinger 8000 series. It doesn’t do it because of bumps or anything like that kind of lose. It will cycle that same sound over and over if I leave the amp on for about an hour jamming or tuning. Once it gets hot/warm. It made this same sound when I had a shitty install. One reason I redid it all completely after I learned. The install is most definitely good. Lol

·
Registered
2013 VW CC
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone else have any idea what causes this strange sound? I’m afraid I need to get new amps 😔. I took the bottom cover off and nothing looks like it’s ever melted and no burnt electrical smell.
But it is 100% coming from the amp and only one channel. And only after it’s hot from an over an hour long drive with high volume or from tuning for hours with pink noise

1 - 6 of 6 Posts