DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yea hello I’m Dan and iam a definite diy car audiophile.. and have been laughing out looking for something like this for months. Ok I’ll start with my system and what I have …. All skar audio amplifiers. The rp75.4 AB marine four channel amp is going to a pair of 6x9 skar rps and a pair of 5.25 coaxial speakers which I’m replacing with a pair of FSX65 mid range woofers and pair of VX175-st super tweeters & the rp75.4 blew the 5.25s a day and a half later after installing. And I’m getting new ones from skar any day now. With that being said I am probably going to not use them and just get another pair of FSX65 6.5 mids and another pair of tweeters but maybe I will run them anyway off. The pioneer head unit which I have bought about two weeks ago it’s a AVH120 bt touchscreen head unit with a eq and dvd/cd player and Bluetooth. The backseat underneath has a prefabricated subwoofer box from hifi sound connection and is a problem as of probably two weeks ago it’s beginning to fall apart at the seams leaking air it’s sealed
Enclosed and input skar vd10s (shallow mount) rated at 500 watts rms with the rp1500.1 pushing them at 2 ohms I’ve run 1/0 gauge from the battery to a 2 farad stinger capacitor and then 1/0 gauge ofc wire to a distribution block and then 4 gauge ofc wire to the 1500.1 , as for my 4 channel rp75.4 I have 4 gauge wire to a fused distribution block and 8 gauge cca wire to the rp75.4 … I’m havring problems with this amp and the speakers in my doors (coaxials) only one channel is working at this time but I have tested this and the voltage is exactly what it should be so it is not a blown channel or anything I.. that’s basically everything I have up to date and am looking to upgrade my subwoofer box and possibly add one more vd10 to the equation because my subs are 2 ohm dvc and I can run 3 of them to my rp1500.1 at 1.33 ohms and it’ll be putting out the 500 rms to each vd10. Also the upgrade for my Dodge Ram quad cab 1500 is another thing I’m on this forum for.. I desperately need help with a subwoofer box blueprints or some kind of schematics for a under seat box or even a box that maybe even takes up the whole quad cab? I don’t use the backseat anymore anyway as it used to be my work truck and I have a box truck for this now… I am now fixing up my “baby” lol as I’ve paid it off and have some bodywork and painting to do to it. This month I’ve got a new hood and I’m about to buy a new front grill with the 2016 grill with led lights in it after that I’ll be working on the exhaust as I have put a aftermarket flow master dual exhaust system and a k and n air filter 77 in the 5.7 hemi 345 small block as you can see I’ve got a lot of money in my Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 as well as a leveling kit and I’m thinking about doing spacers for the wheels and tires as well… another thing I got about two years ago was 20 inch wheels and 35 12.50s nitto grapplers 2 s that need new tread as well lol I’ve got a big plan for my truck and the stereo is going to be first … gotta have the tunes lol. It’s been probably 10 years since I’ve done a system in a vehicle and a lot has changed since my day and hopefully this forum can help me figure it all out … anywhoooo this ending up being a small novel and I don’t know if this is what you are supposed to do or not but hey wtf … I just wanted to make everything clear on my system and I didn’t know if you did that here or not? Ok well that’s all have a great day and hope to have some good ideas from here soon.. and if I can help anyone with the knowledge I have (isn’t much lol) I will contribute as much as I can thanks for listening to my rambling and ttys
Thank you
Dantyson92

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Camera lens Point-and-shoot camera Digital camera Camera accessory Lens

Product Blue Purple Gadget Audio equipment

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire

As you can see how much I airspace I have and it’s less than the box this guy has … if I can get another person who’s built a box for the Dodge Ram quad cab 1500 4x4 with blueprints or schematics for a better and bigger box I’d be greatly appreciated. I don’t know how to post this on here I’m new to this forum and would appreciate any suggestions or help with this I’d be forever grateful bud thanks
Yea hello I’m Dan and iam a definite diy car audiophile.. and have been laughing out looking for something like this for months. Ok I’ll start with my system and what I have …. All skar audio amplifiers. The rp75.4 AB marine four channel amp is going to a pair of 6x9 skar rps and a pair of 5.25 coaxial speakers which I’m replacing with a pair of FSX65 mid range woofers and pair of VX175-st super tweeters & the rp75.4 blew the 5.25s a day and a half later after installing. And I’m getting new ones from skar any day now. With that being said I am probably going to not use them and just get another pair of FSX65 6.5 mids and another pair of tweeters but maybe I will run them anyway off. The pioneer head unit which I have bought about two weeks ago it’s a AVH120 bt touchscreen head unit with a eq and dvd/cd player and Bluetooth. The backseat underneath has a prefabricated subwoofer box from hifi sound connection and is a problem as of probably two weeks ago it’s beginning to fall apart at the seams leaking air it’s sealed
Enclosed and input skar vd10s (shallow mount) rated at 500 watts rms with the rp1500.1 pushing them at 2 ohms I’ve run 1/0 gauge from the battery to a 2 farad stinger capacitor and then 1/0 gauge ofc wire to a distribution block and then 4 gauge ofc wire to the 1500.1 , as for my 4 channel rp75.4 I have 4 gauge wire to a fused distribution block and 8 gauge cca wire to the rp75.4 … I’m havring problems with this amp and the speakers in my doors (coaxials) only one channel is working at this time but I have tested this and the voltage is exactly what it should be so it is not a blown channel or anything I.. that’s basically everything I have up to date and am looking to upgrade my subwoofer box and possibly add one more vd10 to the equation because my subs are 2 ohm dvc and I can run 3 of them to my rp1500.1 at 1.33 ohms and it’ll be putting out the 500 rms to each vd10. Also the upgrade for my Dodge Ram quad cab 1500 is another thing I’m on this forum for.. I desperately need help with a subwoofer box blueprints or some kind of schematics for a under seat box or even a box that maybe even takes up the whole quad cab? I don’t use the backseat anymore anyway as it used to be my work truck and I have a box truck for this now… I am now fixing up my “baby” lol as I’ve paid it off and have some bodywork and painting to do to it. This month I’ve got a new hood and I’m about to buy a new front grill with the 2016 grill with led lights in it after that I’ll be working on the exhaust as I have put a aftermarket flow master dual exhaust system and a k and n air filter 77 in the 5.7 hemi 345 small block as you can see I’ve got a lot of money in my Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 as well as a leveling kit and I’m thinking about doing spacers for the wheels and tires as well… another thing I got about two years ago was 20 inch wheels and 35 12.50s nitto grapplers 2 s that need new tread as well lol I’ve got a big plan for my truck and the stereo is going to be first … gotta have the tunes lol. It’s been probably 10 years since I’ve done a system in a vehicle and a lot has changed since my day and hopefully this forum can help me figure it all out … anywhoooo this ending up being a small novel and I don’t know if this is what you are supposed to do or not but hey wtf … I just wanted to make everything clear on my system and I didn’t know if you did that here or not? Ok well that’s all have a great day and hope to have some good ideas from here soon.. and if I can help anyone with the knowledge I have (isn’t much lol) I will contribute as much as I can thanks for listening to my rambling and ttys
Thank you
Dantyson92

Wood Dishware Shipping box Rectangle Serveware

Packing materials Font Electric blue Packaging and labeling Bag

Motor vehicle Vehicle Window Automotive design Automotive tire

Automotive tire Sports equipment Wood Bicycle part Rim

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Home appliance Motor vehicle Rim

Shipping box Packing materials Output device Audio equipment Font

Hood Automotive tire Audio equipment Gadget Gas

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hope I did this right lol lol.. I’ve put pretty much all my pics of my gear in my post . Any suggestions or ideas for sub box or speaker pods would be immensely appreciated please and
Thank you

·
Super Moderator
1,298 Posts
Hello Dan and welcome...!

Reactions: Dantyson92
1 - 6 of 6 Posts