DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will a sound processor like the ms8 help my system even if i cant seperate my mids/tweets from their passive crossovers?...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ty guys.......my truck (09 f150 crew) has the plug type conectors on doors...no cable boot to run wire through...i have focal comps on all 4 doors..mid/tweets...only way i see to get wires into doors is drill a new hole.....unless there are unused wires in the 30 or so pin plug that conects the doors electronics...

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
there should be room in the plugs. I've never worked on a car that didn't have room. Doesn't mean they don't exist.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
there should be room in the plugs. I've never worked on a car that didn't have room. Doesn't mean they don't exist.
agreed. my escape is the same way. has a plug instead of a pass-thru. just dremeled out the un-used pin locations and ran the wire.

·
Registered
572 Posts
agreed. my escape is the same way. has a plug instead of a pass-thru. just dremeled out the un-used pin locations and ran the wire.
If the molex connector has unused slots, just go buy a pack of molex pins at your local auto store for about $3 and make it work just like factory. It's easier then drilling a hole through the connector and allows you to take it apart like it was designed.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
Its not molex and finding the right pins would be impossible. There are literally hundreds of connector pins

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk

·
Registered
243 Posts
the answer to your question is yes, the MS8 can do its magic even with coaxials/crossover. I will do the time allignment and equalization. Just get a good amp for the fronts!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cant wait till it gets here..........i will be running the fronts and rears off a Rockford 400.4 and the 2 subs will have a RE 3000.1 amp...only using 5 channels...If i can get the wires into front doors i will do the tweets from the ms-8 and mids from RF amp...then run the rears as coaxials and then i will have 7 channels...If that all sounds good i may even try a center speaker in the space on front dash....think i could get a 5 1/4'' in there.....

·
Registered
340 Posts
will a sound processor like the ms8 help my system even if i cant seperate my mids/tweets from their passive crossovers?...
are your mids and tweets in different locations? running them through the included passive crossovers? or are them setup together via the passive crossover (coax)?

just clarifying your question.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They are seperate.......i have focal 165vbs in front doors and 130a1 focals in rear doors conected to their passive crossovers...the tweets are mounted as high as i could get them in all doors..the mids are in the factory spots..i have 2 RE SEX 10D4s under back seat in a downfire ported enclosure that is 2.05cu tuned @36hz...everything sounds good now and i have plenty of volume...Im just hoping to "clean" the music up and improve the sound stage in my truck...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts