DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

· Registered
224 Posts
not going to lie, my old round solobarics in sealed boxes sounded pretty good. I have not like the sound of anything kicker made after they left those round versions
From that era, the OG Soundstream Reference 10's in a nice big ported box also sounded simply delicious.

Reactions: ToddG

· Registered
6,926 Posts
Best sub stage ever will be. Pure IB setup ! People say you can’t hear beyond 20hz. I call it BS. I could hear till about 15hz if not lower and after that you get effect of pressure and you feel it.
Either way I came from 18” SI sub in Tru IB to 12” sealed box.
Don’t get me wrong the sql 12 gets down but it will never beat IB subwoofer ever!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

· Registered
1,168 Posts
Trunk IB. 2 12" Phase Linear powered by Rockford Punch 45. Probably 25 years ago. I know nostalgia and all but I swear that was better than anything I've had since and there have been a lot.

Reactions: quickaudi07

· Registered
6,926 Posts
Trunk IB. 2 12" Phase Linear powered by Rockford Punch 45. Probably 25 years ago. I know nostalgia and all but I swear that was better than anything I've had since and there have been a lot.
You simply cant, can't compare any IB to regular box, or ported sub encloser output, It might be close on some frequencies but that feeling of rumble in IB is what gets me giggles each time!

· Registered
1,168 Posts
You simply cant, can't compare any IB to regular box, or ported sub encloser output, It might be close on some frequencies but that feeling of rumble in IB is what gets me giggles each time!
I might buy a car with a trunk just to get that feeling back. LOL.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts