DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a Zap 6.0 that I will probably be using for my new front comps. What is the true rated output for the 6.0? I'm assuming they push out more than the rated 150wx2. Do you guys think the zap 6.0 can push a set of dynaudios just fine? I've heard most people prefer to use at least 200w for dynaudios. Thank you

·
Registered
891 Posts
A little more in the way of basic information on your part would be helpful. As in, which set of Dynaudio comps? Two-way or three-way? And a check over on the ZAPCO forum would probably yield you an answer as to the 6.0's typical watts. However, I own about six of them right now and, within my personal sample, the birth sheets are all showing right around 170 to 175 W per channel. I've also used a 6.0 on Dyn 340 setup and it worked well for me at the time. Although, I eventually went to biamping and subsequently a completely active setup. As far as your question as to whether or not the 6.0 would push whatever Dyn set you have "just fine"... well, that's pretty subjective and what's fine for you might not be so for me... or vice versa. Regardless, the 6.0's are one of the best amps made and you could always add another amp down the line if and when you might want more power. :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right now I'm deciding between the set of gen 1 Seas Lotus reference comps I have or try a 2way dynaudio or focal krx2. I think at 170-175w per channel is exactly what I wanted to hear about the 6.0's. Thank you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts