DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a Zapco Z-2kd amp and heres the highlights i guess youd call it.

• Mono Class D Linkable, bass amplifier,
  • Stable into 1 Ohm (2 Ohm w/2 amps Linked/Strapped)
  • PWM MOSFET power supply
  • 24 dB Variable low pass (LPF) crossover
  • 12 dB Variable bass boost equalization
  • 0 – 180 degree variable phase shift
  • 24 dB Variable subsonic filter
  • Selectable master and slave operation for Linked (strapped) amplifier operation
what is 0-180 degree variable phase shift and how do i adjust it ? I thought phase was either one way or the other what does variable mean ?

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
If you are using a dsp or head unit with built in DSP. I would leave that option @ 0.

There isn't a reason why you should chnage this.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
353 Posts
0-180 degree variable phase shift allows you to set the subwoofer phase at any point from 0 to 180, which gives you greater flexibility tuning your sub to blend with your mid then you would have with just a 0/180 switch. Phase is not either one way or the other, think of it as a relationship between multiple speakers. As soon as you have more than 1 speaker, and they are located in different places the sound waves they produce will interact with the room (your car interior) differently on the way to your ears. Think of it as being able to anticipate those differences and account for them ahead of time. As an example, in my wife's Mazda 3 Sport I only have a 0/180 phase switch for the sub ... unfortunately, the sub is out of phase by something closer to 90 degrees so it doesn't really make any difference which setting I use the sub still doesn't blend well with the rest of the system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts