DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Quick question....do those amps come with birthsheets?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The SQ 1350 was amp dyno’ d and doesn’t do rated at any ohm load whether certified, clipping, or dynamic... Makes me wonder about their other lines.. Was thinking to go with a z3kd II but now I am skeptical of performance. I have seen the LX 4 channel Amp Dyno and it does more than rated at all ohm loads and channel configurations !!! Thinking of grabbing a 4ch for my Audiofrog GB components.

·
Registered
428 Posts
There is a dyno test for the zapco z150.4lx that bigdwiz did a while back and it did its rated power....although it is a class a/b amp vs. a class d like the z-3kd. I personally own a z-2kd and I am very happy with the amp as it has plenty of power and I am not running it at 1 ohm mono, instead I have 3 dual 2 ohm subs wired in series parallel for a 1.33 ohm load.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hello Zapco users,

1.) Any authorized Zapco dealers with Z-AP/ Z-SP amps in stock with pricing?

2.) I found some Z-II / Z-SP / Z-AP amps on Amazon & they seems to be sold by WoofersETC & TDH Global. Are these Zapco authorized internet dealers? The Zapco site only lists Atrend USA for where to buy & the pricing is higher.

Zapco Z-150.6 AP - Amazon -> $1399 (in stock)
Zapco Z-150.6 AP - AtrendUSA -> $1699 ( out of stock )

3.) Has any Zapco users tried the Z-SP series? Or is the extra $200 for AP series justified ( seems to be some nice listed parts/ upgrades in Z-AP series.

4.) Running active with DSP would I even hear a difference between Z-II series and the Z-AP in a car (usually moving lol)?

5.) Is the Z-SP fan audible or loud? It says the Z-SP is geared towards a higher volume listener & all long periods of playing time vs the AP/ Z-II more Audiophile demo listening which is less demanding on the amp.

6.) Can the 6 channel Z-II/ Z-SP/ Z-AP be used to bridge 4 channels to 2 for AF GB60 mids & use ch 5 & 6 for GB15 tweets?
I may go 3 way in the future, was thinking to get a 6 ch now. Idk if that’s too much power for the GB60’s? I don’t want to damage/ blow them.

Thanks for any help,

Chase

·
Registered
18,294 Posts
1) not many keep those in stock

2) they were an authorized dealer, but atrend was the distributor up until 10 days ago. I'm not sure if woofers etc will remain a dealer.

3) I personally would just go with the ap, but the sp isnt bad by any means

6) you definitely dont need 500 watts to your midbass. I have 50 on the gb60 and it's enough. 500 is just either going to launch them to the moon (if you actually use that 500), or it's just a waste

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
200 Posts
1) not many keep those in stock

2) they were an authorized dealer, but atrend was the distributor up until 10 days ago. I'm not sure if woofers etc will remain a dealer.

3) I personally would just go with the ap, but the sp isnt bad by any means

6) you definitely dont need 500 watts to your midbass. I have 50 on the gb60 and it's enough. 500 is just either going to launch them to the moon (if you actually use that 500), or it's just a waste

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
Thank you SkizeR,

1.) Who is the distributor now?

2.) If I purchase from WoofersEtc via Amazon does this negate warranty since there is a new distributor?

3.) If I Purchase the Z-150.6 AP is there any issues with running channels unloaded ( meaning GB60 on 1&2 & tweets on 3&4 leaving 5&6 open/ unused?

4.) If purchased in between a new distributor will a zapco honor all warranties of the new amp purchase regardless of their new re-structuring?

Any Zapco dealers on this board who can PM me if you have AP amps in stock thanks!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts