DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that have the DC Ref amps, what did you do to connect the USB cable to a laptop at the front seat. I know the whole point of the DC series is to have tuning available in the front seat via laptop but with that 6' cable they give you, that's not going to cut it unless you drive a Mini Cooper or you mount your amp under the front seat. I know there are extension cables available but I don't want a cable just hanging down somewhere in the front seat. I was looking for either a female-female USB adapter so I could terminate the supplied cable at the adapter and use the other end to plug in the USB cable for my laptop when I need it. Kind of using the adapter as a USB port. I can't think of anything nicer since a totally enclosed USB port is not easy to find.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
There are longer M-F USB extension cables as well. One of the problems is that the USB connector on the amp is really not for permanent use... it is not a locking connector and just kind of lays there.

If you really find yourself doing frequent adjustments from the front seat, your best bet is to get a DRC 1/2-DIN controller and run the Ethernet RJ45 into the glove box. Plug that in when you want to tune. You can then plug the PC into that, but you also get easy comparisons of different curves with the preset buttons. Put it in the glove and you don't have to worry about mounting it : )

1 - 5 of 5 Posts