DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i am really considering getting a dc reference 4 channel amp, but i am hearing lots of things about them. some people dont like the thought of the amp being so digital, and having to work with a computer, and some people just use the DRC-SL and im wondering what people think of these setups. im thinking of using a four channel amp as an active crossover for a component speaker set i have. thanks for all the imput guys!

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have the DC650.6 and love the digital processing and not having to use additional equipment.

The install of the software is ridiculously challenging, but once you get past that step the ease of tuning adjustments is stunningly easy!

·
Registered
384 Posts
The install of the software is ridiculously challenging, but once you get past that step the ease of tuning adjustments is stunningly easy!
The software install took me less than five minutes and had no problems or hiccups at all.. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
352 Posts
While I had my installer do the initial set-up, I've had no problems along the way using a laptop to tweak things here and there. Once you understand the process, it's pretty simple.

My only hesitation in recommending the amps is because of my noise issues which seem to be related to the built in processing software hanging up on start up. Although I have no idea if it would make a difference, at this point, I'd suggest people who want Zapco amps get the standard amps and use the external processor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts