DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to choose an amp to replace my JL HD amp.(600/4) It's between Zapco DC100.4 and MB Quart QAA4250. I will be running Hertz Mille up front and MB Quart QSD in the rear. My sub is a W7. Zapco is used and MB Quart is new. about 75.00 difference in price. HELP!!! Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
Need processing? If not then the MB Quart, if so then Zapco DC

Have you considered a PG Xenon X200.4 which is much cheaper than both but with the same or more high quality power and triple darlingon devices? I have one for sale $300 shipped and will included BNIB LPL-44 bass knob and BNIB RMD remote digital display. Just another option to consider ;)

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Can I get some others point of view?

I would like to have a larger sample size.
If you're using the MS8 then the Zapco's processing isn't needed. The Quart is more powerful and the Q-line of those amps were super clean. I would personally get the zapco considering that most of us change up our installs here and there and the zapco will remain a versatile and solid investment that can be used in many ways in the future.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I agree with the Zapco selection. VERY solid amp and some of the older MB Q's are known to have turn-on pop issues, which usually is just an annoyance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts