DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I have contacted electrical engineers and they no longer service the DSP Z8 due to not being able to get parts.

I contacted G.S.AmpRepair via email and am waiting on a reply.

Lastly I have also put in a request to [email protected] via email and will wait for a reply.

Anyone know of a repair shop that makes repairs tonZapco equipment?

It stays on even when the remote wire is disconnected. Because i cannot leave it connected when restoring power it takes like 20 mins give or take to connect to the computer. Meanwhile the speakers have a white noise sound. Then computer dings a notification sound of like when you connect something like a external hardrive. The speakers buzz like there is a switch being turned on. Then I have to load my preset to get it working.

Also it cuts out when I start driving. No issues elsewhere just the dsp. 14vdc when this happens. BYPASS the dsp and the amp plays. Makes a sucking pop sound like some warp speed kinda sound then stops playing. Tried to load and cycle power no luck. I did not have this issue prior to the dsp. All power is solid. Grounds to the frame and positive 0/1g to the battery.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
To me nothing looks burnt or bad. I have a voltmeter meter and checked continuity through the dip switches. They do have continuity through them.

I'm sure there us someone here who repairs these can someone direct me to them?

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hi all,
Spoke with John and got some ideas. Then I remembered a thread here where a member posted about cycling the address switches to fix the issue.

My problems have been solved by cycling the address switches. No more connectivity issues. Next I will see if it still cuts out or stays on as stated prior.

Lessened learned if someone has issues with a Zapco with address switches tell them to power off and cycle the switches. There's never enough cycling. I work with address switches at work, so I should of thought about how they fail given time or an environment conducive to oxidation.

Blessed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.