DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just bought a Dsp-6 from user DAT a while back, and I finally got it installed into my vehicle. I have the Drc-sl controller up in my center console so i can grab it out and do tuning whenever i want. I just went to grab it the other day and all the sudden, all of my sound shut off! amps were still on, and everything checked out, except somehow it seemed that the dsp6 just stopped working. I am curious if anyone else has had this problem, and i'm curious if anyone has any idea where the problem came from? also, when i put the controller back in the center console, it started working again after about 15 minutes of just sitting there. could it have come from the cable going to the drc? any input would be awesome thanks diyma guys

·
Registered
125 Posts
I just had a similar issue. Just yesterday coming home from work I was listening to my music when it seemed like the bass stopped working and the drc-sl just shut off. Seconds later it came back on and worked. But then about 15 seconds after that it shut off again and came back on. I too am clueless. Ive never had this happen before. I'm going to contact my dealer on monday and see what he has to say about it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I unplugged my drc/sl and it hasn't happened again. I figured out that the dsp6's input keeps changing to auxilary, and i think somehow the drc is changing it

·
Registered
318 Posts
I unplugged my drc/sl and it hasn't happened again. I figured out that the dsp6's input keeps changing to auxilary, and i think somehow the drc is changing it
how did you change it back? My drc wont let me change the input

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
If you push the DRC button IN the input is changed. Push it two more times to get back to where you were.

Has to be a push straight in.

Have heard/seen a couple people that thought the DRC was doing something. They were just pusing the button in and did not know it did anything.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you push the DRC button IN the input is changed. Push it two more times to get back to where you were.

Have heard/seen a couple people that thought the DRC was doing something. They were just pusing the button in and did not know it did anything.
you make a good point, I'm going to try that and ill let you know if it helps

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

thanks acura, that did the trick. i guess since the display doesn't really show different when you push the button, i didnt think to play with it much. i guess my problem must be coming from bumping it. well, its better now so thanks!

·
Registered
876 Posts
I only plug my DRC in when I need it. I accidently switched inputs like this when I first installed it.

·
Registered
447 Posts
There is a self healing cap in the DSP,

It is normally behind the power input, In the picture its bypassed,
NOW IT MUST BE FUSED !!!

The dsp self healing cap can over heat under normal operation, Fused is Better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts