·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My system:
Front: Morel HO components run by Zapco DC350.2
Underseat: 2 Jehnert 8" mids run by another Zapco DC350.2
Rear (just for fill): stock speakers run by a mini Arc Audio KS125.2
I will be adding dedicated subs later, but to the problem.

My front Zapco died. The mini ANL fuse burned and if I replace it and connect power it burns out again. Any ideas? Thanks you in advance.

The other amps work fine and still provide sound.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Your Zapco seems to be toast...but let's troubleshoot:

First of all, disconnect EVERYTHING from your Zapco except for power, ground, and turn-on.

Replace fuse, and power up. If it blows, it is time for repair or replacement of the Zapco.

If not...troubleshoot your speakers.

I once had an Eclipse sub that shorted itself out and it was dead-shorting my amp...so check your speakers too. A multimeter to check resistance is a good tool.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks DiMora. I am going to unplug everything and start with just the power. The amp is brand new so I am leaning towards a short.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well unplugged everything and then replaced ANL fuse. Plugged just the power in and fuse burns out. So it is not a short from the speakers, its the amp. Any suggestions.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have a suggestion...call me.
John Borges
Zapco
Wk: 209 599 2394
Mob: 209 483 3544

Dir. Sales and Marketing. Been on vacation in Washington state for the last 4 years, but I'm back. The DC was my project. If power and ground blow the fuse you have a major issue there. If power only blows the fuse and the amp is mounted to metal, the power supply is grounded to the chassis. If power only blows the fuse and the amp is floating free...you've got magic.

Give me a call and we'll figure it out.
John

·
Registered
138 Posts
John Borges
Zapco

Dir. Sales and Marketing. Been on vacation in Washington state for the last 4 years, but I'm back. The DC was my project. If power and ground blow the fuse you have a major issue there. If power only blows the fuse and the amp is mounted to metal, the power supply is grounded to the chassis. If power only blows the fuse and the amp is floating free...you've got magic.

John
Tagged for Reference.
John are you ever up in Washington State? I would love to get some hands on tuning help for my DC Zapco setup. There seems to be a lack of Zapco distributers in the Seattle Metro area.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm sure I'll be up there in the next few months. Shoot me a email with your contact info and I'll let you know when I head that way.

John

·
Registered
774 Posts
John Borges
Zapco

John
Hello John,

Congrats on the move! Good to see you back at Zapco.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Spoke with John at Zapco and he agreed it was probably something with the amp itself. I have a replacement coming as I type. Great to know that the manufactures are reading these threads, makes one feel confident in spending the money for the product. Thanks John.

-Brett

1 - 9 of 9 Posts