DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have RCAs spliced into my head units output signal and was using a bridged pdx-2.150 with no problems for my idmax 10 wired for 4 ohms.

I just got a zapco reference 500.1 to use instead of the alpine and along with the low freqencies which are supposed to come out of the sub, some quiet high frequencies are also coming out. I've got all the settings and filter correct.

Any one know what the problem could be?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
The PDX will tkae balanced inputs. The RCA on the Reference are common-ground. You probablyshould be running the OE HU signal directly into the symbilink input of the Ref. You will need a cable to hack to do that.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how exactly do I do the cable hack?

right now I have this cable

a ps/2 cable, and female-female rca adapters, plugged into the rcas that splice into the OEM headunit outputs

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wonder if I should do this and use my Zapco reference 500.1 and pdx-2.150 for my components, or sell them both and just get a PDX-5. Any opinions?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Talk to Simplicity in Sound. I think he has a G35 under his belt :)

The cable you have is a balanced transmitter with a common-ground input and a Symbilink female end. It has to plug into a M-to-M symbilink cable. If your G35 has Bose, the HU has balanced out already. You need to hack the male cable. The pinout is on the cable packaging. If you don't have Bose you have speaker level out and you need a BTL adapter. (you really need a new HU due to the EQ in the non-Bose HU).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts