DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I was just wondering how a SAX100.4 would compare in SQ to a Zapco Reference 360.4 amp? I was just going to buy the Zapco, but it is a little under-powered for my fronts....it runs 50RMS, and my Focal Poly 165VBs are rated at 75 RMS. Any suggestions appreciated!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hello,

I was just wondering how a SAX100.4 would compare in SQ to a Zapco Reference 360.4 amp? I was just going to buy the Zapco, but it is a little under-powered for my fronts....it runs 50RMS, and my Focal Poly 165VBs are rated at 75 RMS. Any suggestions appreciated!

I have mine bridged to my CDT ES's, I have to put the gain all the way down or they are too loud.

My birthsheet says 198x2, so its about 100w per channel, you'll be fine.

I have had ZERO problems with this amp, it is mounted upside down overhead in my trunk, the amp is 50% heatsink, rock solid. The inland areas of California get over 100F for much of the summer and it has never shut off on me. If it is not enough power running 4 channels, it is plenty of power bridged. I have heard good things about the sundown amps, but have never heard them. If you choose to run the symbilink cables, theyll cost you more, if you get the amp, why wouldnt you run them?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks....yeah, I know the Zapco would be fine bridged for just the fronts, but I'm planning on running some midbass woofers for the rears. I have heard only spectacular things about the Zapco Reference amps. I heard Sundown's were very solid amps, but they didn't have outrageous SQ.

·
Registered
123 Posts
yeah, don't think that this is even a fair comparison...stick with the zapco.

you said something about midbbass in the back? if you have both the zapco on sundown allready, use the zapco on the front mid and tweet then bridge the sundown on the midbass in the back. should sound sweet, although I've never tried mb's in the rear so that should be interesting

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I actually do not have either amp, but I have decided to go with the Zapco. I'm trying to get the 6 channel Zapco Reference, so I could bridge for the fronts.

BTW, any suggestions on getting 6.5" mid-bass speakers? Don't have a huge budget for them....maybe $90.

·
Registered
176 Posts
How about you give us the whole picture of what you plan on doing, how much you have to spend, what car they are going in and everything else I haven't mentioned in detail for any good recommendation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts