Registered
1,352 Posts
Thnaks for the link...

Once again Dayton turns out to be the best value... :D :p

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really want to pick up a set of Daytons....not sure which ones, but they do keep getting rated really good, But for some reason i just can't get the nerves to go with it, i dunno why i don't think there that good and wont' get any....though i know they are.....Why do i doubt them?

I thought about even trying a pair of Dayton 7's or 8's and the Dayton Ref Tweet, on each side in my HT, in a MTM config, but never got the nerve to try it cause i thought there might be better.

·
Registered
415 Posts
^and people says SEAS is just "hype"..... :confused: :rolleyes:

:cool:

·
Registered
578 Posts
LOL...

I have seen people praise the XXX as the best mid they ever heard...
Don't get out much do they??? :)

And what about those that praise unreleased products???

Prob the same SEAS haters ;)

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Well the Seas/Dayton hype is at least backed by people with a LOT of SQ experience and experience with a wide variety of drivers. Can't say the same for alot of other drivers...

With the Daytons... is it the low price that scares you away :) Sometimes its hard to believe that you can get such good performance from such a cheap driver.

·
"Authentic to the Music"
1,946 Posts
npdang said:
Well the Seas/Dayton hype is at least backed by people with a LOT of SQ experience and experience with a wide variety of drivers. Can't say the same for alot of other drivers...

With the Daytons... is it the low price that scares you away :) Sometimes its hard to believe that you can get such good performance from such a cheap driver.
Man I totally agreed with you. I was once like that until I was shown the light. I was recommanded to try a very not so costly sub by a guy across the pond.

So I drop the less than 90 bux on the sub and man this thing is clean, fast and tight. Now I see why he uses it in his comp car and hs kicks some major butt. The only thing I can complain about is the low low end output, but I just bought two of them and that fixed it. So these will more then like be may upfront subbass system. Man 3 12 out back IB, two 10's in a 1.65 cu.ftl sealed box up front , two 8's IB in the kicks with the 3" mids and the 1.1 tweets in the A-pillars :eek: , I think I will be OK :D .

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
npdang said:
Yes thats the primary reason, its like its too good to be true, theres gotta be a hitch somewhere lol. Mabey its just me.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Here-I-Come said:
Man 3 12 out back IB, two 10's in a 1.65 cu.ftl sealed box up front , two 8's IB in the kicks with the 3" mids and the 1.1 tweets in the A-pillars :eek: , I think I will be OK :D .
:eek:

what kind of car is this?

·
"Authentic to the Music"
1,946 Posts
kappa546 said:
:eek:

what kind of car is this?
1990 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 2 Dr Sport 4.0 liter. The entire inside is being totally rebuilt for the system.

·
Registered
96 Posts
xencloud said:
^^jeez, and I thought my 3x10"'s IB on my rear deck was a little overkill...;>)
Interested in your setup as I'm pondering doing the same thing. I think I'll start out with two 10" Dayton Ref's and leave enough space for one more to go in the middle if I feel the need. Do you have yours wired parallel and feeding them with a mono amp?

·
Registered
578 Posts
demon2091tb said:
Yes thats the primary reason, its like its too good to be true, theres gotta be a hitch somewhere lol. Mabey its just me.
Well here is an example...
What would CDT charge if they had Dayton variants built for them? I know, pure speculation... but entertain the idea to see my point...

And here is another...
PE is an internet retailer, & does not suffer from having to make sure their brick & mortar dealers make a profit. Well they have none...

Look at it that way, and it is pretty ez to see where the savings are coming from.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
racerraul said:
Well here is an example...
What would CDT charge if they had Dayton variants built for them? I know, pure speculation... but entertain the idea to see my point...

And here is another...
PE is an internet retailer, & does not suffer from having to make sure their brick & mortar dealers make a profit. Well they have none...

Look at it that way, and it is pretty ez to see where the savings are coming from.
I can def see now why....good points, never though of it like that.

If i can get a chance i may get ahold of some Dayton stuff just to play with if anything.....I'm mainly intrested in the Ref Tweet and 7" for a MTM design mabey. Who knows what i'll end up using for my new HT setup, torn b/w this and the Seas 27tbfcg/L18 combo too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts