DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 624 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ZED Audio amplifier Group Buy from Sound Solutions Audio

ZED Audio Group Buy at SSA!

Due to the interest, and to celebrate the release of the new line, we will be running a group buy on the new amplifier models from ZED. The all new KRONOS, a 250 watts x 2 channel, and the LEVIATHAN, a 150 watts x 6 channel will be the two models available. They are expected to be ready in the next month I believe. Final pictures shall only be available once production begins.

* How the group buy will work is because these are serious amplifiers, we only want serious people. Meaning to avoid the big talkers, and keep this to the people that are actually going to buy the amplifiers, we are going to require a deposit of $75 a head of time. Once we decide there is enough to get the group buy put in or deposits stop, we will require the remaining amount based upon the percentages below. This will not be indefinite, so don't expect this to be waiting for you in 2 months.

>>>>To place your deposit, paypal $75 to [email protected], include your Forum user name, which model amplifier, and quantity. Also take a moment to post in the above linked topic confirming you sent in your payment, or email [email protected] with the same information.

* Keep in mind the MSRP for the new amplifiers are KRONOS $429 & LEVIATHAN $599.

* How many amplifiers sold during the group buy will determine the total price will be based on this structure, meaning the more people get in on the group buy the better the pricing will be.

• ~ 2 group buy amplifiers allows 2% off the MSRP
  • ~ 3 group buy amplifiers allows 3% off the MSRP
  • ~ 4 group buy amplifiers allows 4% off the MSRP
  • ~ 5 group buy amplifiers allows 5% off the MSRP
  • ~ 6 group buy amplifiers allows 7.5% off the MSRP
  • ~ >10 group buy amplifiers allows 10% off the MSRP

>>> We will end the Group Buy when 24 amplifiers are claimed in the Group Buy or three (3) weeks after the first production units are shipped, which ever comes first. That way those who are in on the Group Buy don't wait that long.

Edit:

Leviathan information listed on ZEDaudiocorp.com:

This will truly be a multi tasker as the options available will be really versatile. Full range, High Pass, Low Pass, Band Pass and sub modes are offered with the ability to have all channels as sub, 4 channels or just two.

So the amplifier will do 150w x 2 flat, high pass or low pass (mono or stereo) on channels 1+2.

Channels 3 +4 will do the same with the addition of the Band Pass function.

Channels 5+6 will do full range or Low Pass (mono or stereo) with a variable subsonic crossover.

You are able to:

* Run all channels in flat mode

* Run Ch's 1+2 High Pass or Flat and 3+4+5+6 in Low Pass

* Run Chs 1+2 High Pass or Flat, Chs 3+4 High Pass, Band Pass or Flat and Chs 5+6 Low Pass

* Run all channels Low Pass

* Channels 5+6 can have 2 or 4 RCA inputs

* Channels 5+6 can have their Low pass crossover deleted when used with head units having built low pass crossovers.

* Run all channels flat

* Run all channels low pass

* Pairs of channels are bridgeable for 600w 4 ohm operation for a total of 1,800w - many guys prefer to run their woofers from separate channels as it makes impedance mixing/matching easier.

Example you have THREE 4 ohm woofers. What do you do? Run them in parallel at 1.3 ohm = tough load for most amplifiers (Ever compared the sound of a nominal 1 ohm sub to that of a 4 or even 8 ohm sub - the 1 ohm sounds really bad!

Solution with this or the two channel amplifier. Run two woofers in parallel on one channel and the third on the second channel when using the 250w/ch amplifier OR simply do the same with the 6 channel amplifier with a bunch of channels to spare OR run each woofer on a pair of bridged channels with 600w to each woofer.

------------------------

Kronos information listed on Zedaudiocorp.com:

This amplifier shall be able to multi task. It will do the duties of a traditional 2 channel amp with High Pass, Low Pass and Band Pass functions.

It will have loop through outputs for daisy chaining multiple amplifiers.

In addition it will do what traditional mono block sub amps do and a variable 24dB/octave subsonic crossover and low frequency equalizer are added to the signal path.

The loop through sockets become the 3rd and 4th inputs for constant subwoofer fading

The amplifier shall be small and light and very efficient. A radically new power supply design is being employed in all our new amplifiers.

KRONOS has a new circuit which constantly monitors and measures the impedance of the speaker.

If the voltage x current product exceeds the safe limits of the amplifier, then instructions are sent to the power supply to modify its characteristics so that the amplifier remians in a stable opertaing condition.

Pics Zed posted on his site. This is the prototype of the Leviathan:

·
Registered
650 Posts
Can't wait to see pictures and feedback on these amps.

IMO 2% -5% off a $600 amp is a joke. I think that if your doing a group buy, 10% should be the minimum if your going to drum up sales for Zed, especially on a product that hasn't been released yet.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

IMO 2% -5% off a $600 amp is a joke. I think that if your doing a group buy, 10% should be the minimum if your going to drum up sales for Zed, especially on a product that hasn't been released yet.
It is not a joke, that is the group buy structure allowed by ZED. We make a point of following the agreements we have with the manufacturers we carry. :)

·
Registered
751 Posts
SO, a group buy of 50 will get us 50% off? :p

·
Registered
483 Posts

X2.....was all excited at the thread title, then was like WTF?...who pays retail anyway?

·
Registered
12,569 Posts

There might be 10 people in the group buy :confused:

·
Registered
650 Posts
Like I said I would love to see a group buy on this product, but IMO it's the early adopters that are taking the risk with this amp so we should be rewarded as such. I'm sure I could call up Steve, tell him I want a LEVIATHAN and still get 2-5% taking off the price as a single buyer. I seriously doubt he's going to lose a sale for $11 - $30.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Question is how much more can be taken off a usa built amp that is so powerfull? I mean it is already cheep for what it is.

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
Question is how much more can be taken off a usa built amp that is so powerfull? I mean it is already cheep for what it is.
x2

X2.....was all excited at the thread title, then was like WTF?...who pays retail anyway?
I know about the economy and stuff but try to understand that it is a 1800 RMS amp, small, compact, made in USA, built by Zed - not only that, but cost $600 :D

I don't know you but I think it is a really good deal without the group buy.

If you don't like to pay retail, you could try to wait for... let's say 5 years, someone might have 1 BNIB for sale in the classifieds for $250 :p

Kelvin

·
Registered
57 Posts
I ordered mine the first day they became avaliable. As far as the price I belive it's worth it a t 599. The discount IMO is''nt that great of a deal to have to deal with everyone the may or may not or wait may or wait may not. Just order and pay up,then be happy to own an amp from a legend.IMO

What would you pay an amp with the same spec's if you could find one, from say JL, TRU, Audison, Zapco? Come on! Just my .02 cents!

·
Registered
858 Posts
What does the shipping look like if we do this? I'm serious about leviathat (to replace deuce and gladius).

Considering the hard-on's people get for some Korean made brands and the prices they shell out with a smile, I can't believe anyone is even mentioning price on something like this.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Hey! Someone learned something from Ben at eD!

I used to sell a ton of Zed-made amplifiers, and I loved selling them and depending on them. But without someone doing more than just trying the old "whitewashed-fence" close on me, I'm not a candidate.

Are they fully regulated? Or loosely? Is the 6-channel a single power supply? What kind of output devices are used? What impedance can the amp handle? Any low-Z logic? Crossovers internal? Can I drive all 6 channels with a stereo pair in? What protection circuitry is used? What is the warranty? Are they ugly? What size are they?

because these are serious amplifiers, we only want serious people
Yes, I am a serious music listener - I NEVER smile when I'm listening to my music.

I'm being flip, but those are "serious questions", and if anyone wants to run my credit card before the product ships, they should know the answers, shouldn't they? I don't care what's been said on forum threads, if someone wants me to order something, I need to hear the specifics from the would-be seller, don't I?

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Too bad this deal is what it is - The six channel looks promising.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Are they fully regulated? Or loosely? Is the 6-channel a single power supply? What kind of output devices are used? What impedance can the amp handle? Any low-Z logic? Crossovers internal? Can I drive all 6 channels with a stereo pair in? What protection circuitry is used? What is the warranty? Are they ugly? What size are they?

Yes, I am a serious music listener - I NEVER smile when I'm listening to my music.

I'm being flip, but those are "serious questions", and if anyone wants to run my credit card before the product ships, they should know the answers, shouldn't they? I don't care what's been said on forum threads, if someone wants me to order something, I need to hear the specifics from the would-be seller, don't I?
I was thinking of the same questions and thought maybe there was another thread that described these amps but I guess not. Pretty shady if you ask me. If you can't produce the info then at least a link to it would be nice.

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
I now understand why many companies stopped group buys...
If the problem doesn't come from the manufacturer, it comes from the consumer

Mantz accepted to do a group buy so that people could save a bit of money (as said previously kinda like free shipping)... but it's never enough

It's a waste of time and energy if you ask me.

Kelvin

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I now understand why many companies stopped group buys...
If the problem doesn't come from the manufacturer, it comes from the consumer

Mantz accepted to do a group buy so that people could save a bit of money (as said previously kinda like free shipping)... but it's never enough

It's a waste of time and energy if you ask me.

Kelvin
Group buys are great when they're organized. Its the unorganized ones that seem to give them a bad rap and this one just doesn't have the feel of being very organized.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Some of your questions can be answered here:

New Zed amps - SSA Car Audio Forum

Hey! Someone learned something from Ben at eD!

I used to sell a ton of Zed-made amplifiers, and I loved selling them and depending on them. But without someone doing more than just trying the old "whitewashed-fence" close on me, I'm not a candidate.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I am seriously interested in these, regardless of a group buy. Just the watt/dollar ratio alone makes the price reasonable.

However, I would need to know the dimensions of the chassis at the very least before parting with any amount of money. Preferably pictures and more detailed specs as well. Until then, I just cannot justify the expense for the sake of buying into the hype.

1 - 20 of 624 Posts