DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to the demand after the first one, and the popularity of the first one, we are running another Group Buy on the new line of ZED Audio Leviathan and Kronos amplifiers. I stress, please take a few moments to look over the 1st Group Buy thread so the same questions are not repeated >>> ZED Audio amplifier group buy - SSA Car Audio Forum You can find all specs and info in that topic. Again, we are requiring a $75 deposit ahead of time.

As with the 1st Group Buy, we needed to reach 10 units, to get the full 10% off the MSRP. Keep in mind the MSRP for the new amplifiers are KRONOS $429 & LEVIATHAN $599. This Group Buy will run to the 25th of December! And this time, I am not going to be taking Group Buy orders after the end of the Group Buy, it causes confusion and slows down the Group Buy for everyone else. Also, keep in mind, this is a busy time and will run into the end of the year, so please, and I repeat, please don't barrage us with endless emails, posts, and PM's asking repeatedly when the amplifiers are done. They will get built and shipped out as fast as ZED can build them and ship them out. Be mindful they take sometime and there is the holidays & end of the year that will take away from build time. Just like the first Group Buy, once the time line has ended (December 25th), we will be sending out emails with the total shipped amount owed after deposit.

>>>>To place your order/deposit, paypal $75 to [email protected], include:

• your full name
  • shipping address
  • forum user name
  • which model amplifier
  • quantity

Also take a moment to to confirm you sent in your payment by email to [email protected] with the same information.

Here is a link to the manual if you would like to check it out before you order >> ZED Audio amplifier group buy - SSA Car Audio Forum - Page 2 .

·
Registered
582 Posts
I've been into car audio for over a decade and have owned or installed most major brand and/or high-end amplifiers out there, however I have heard very little about Zed amps. Admittedly most of my professional installation work(at least of retail audio) was several years ago and in a retail environment so 'major' brands dominated what shops stocked/installed and what the public demanded.
I've kept up with the times and have kept installing as a hobbie.*cough*obsession*cough* At this stage of the game I'm way past my 'booming' stage and now going for the best SQ I can squeeze from my budget and installation constraints. I've collected all of my components with the exception of the amps.
My system will consist of a pair of ScanSpeak Revelator large format ring radiator tweets(Alpine F1 Status version), Revelator non-treated 5.25s, and Revelator aluminum cone 9s(woofers not subs). A single LMS 4000 12(Eclipse version). All run actively crossed.
Anyways, not knowing much about Zed products, I guess this is my long-winded way of asking how Zed amps stack up against the likes of JL Audio Slash series and PG Titanium series, as these are the series of amps I have narrowed my search down to. A Zed Kronos and a Laviathan seem like they could work well for what I need. Thanks...and if this question is in the wrong spot, sorry. Oh will the Kronos be happy with a 3ohm mono load?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I've been into car audio for over a decade and have owned or installed most major brand and/or high-end amplifiers out there, however I have heard very little about Zed amps. Admittedly most of my professional installation work(at least of retail audio) was several years ago and in a retail environment so 'major' brands dominated what shops stocked/installed and what the public demanded.
I've kept up with the times and have kept installing as a hobbie.*cough*obsession*cough* At this stage of the game I'm way past my 'booming' stage and now going for the best SQ I can squeeze from my budget and installation constraints. I've collected all of my components with the exception of the amps.
My system will consist of a pair of ScanSpeak Revelator large format ring radiator tweets(Alpine F1 Status version), Revelator non-treated 5.25s, and Revelator aluminum cone 9s(woofers not subs). A single LMS 4000 12(Eclipse version). All run actively crossed.
Anyways, not knowing much about Zed products, I guess this is my long-winded way of asking how Zed amps stack up against the likes of JL Audio Slash series and PG Titanium series, as these are the series of amps I have narrowed my search down to. A Zed Kronos and a Laviathan seem like they could work well for what I need. Thanks...and if this question is in the wrong spot, sorry. Oh will the Kronos be happy with a 3ohm mono load?
Well I previously had an US Amps MD1D which was rated @ 1200 watts and my Kronos which is rated at 1000 watts sounds noticiblely louder than my old MD1D and that is with gains set properly for both and same subwoofer, same box, same head unit. I can only imagine what kind of beast the Laviathan is.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Aaron-- I am in! Paypal sent! Looking forward to adding a sub amp to go along with my Leviathan! Thank you!

1 Kronos

·
Registered
396 Posts
From my understanding based on reading the amp, the amplifier is made to utilize its own power wire from the battery without a distribution block? If I wanted to use this to run a 3-way active front stage and a subwoofer in the rear with a separate mono amp I would need to separate power wire runs from the battery both fused differently based on each amps current draw? Or is this amp designed to run by itself without the subwoofer amp in the equation?

I am very interested in this amp as I currently have a Arc KS300.4 that only does 90x4 and adding a second one to bridge would provide 350x2 to my mids, but still only 90x2 to my MidRanges, and about ~67w into my Morel Supremo tweeters.

I currently want to keep my JBL W12GTI 12" powered by my Arc KS1000.1 in addition to the Leviathan as long as my electrical system can handle it.

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition, 2019 For Expedition Limited Stealth, 2018 Subaru Impeza
251 Posts
If I wanted one of each, would I send $75 total, or $75 each? Sorry if this has been asked in the previous thread and thanks for the info.

·
Registered
365 Posts
From my understanding based on reading the amp, the amplifier is made to utilize its own power wire from the battery without a distribution block? If I wanted to use this to run a 3-way active front stage and a subwoofer in the rear with a separate mono amp I would need to separate power wire runs from the battery both fused differently based on each amps current draw? Or is this amp designed to run by itself without the subwoofer amp in the equation?

I am very interested in this amp as I currently have a Arc KS300.4 that only does 90x4 and adding a second one to bridge would provide 350x2 to my mids, but still only 90x2 to my MidRanges, and about ~67w into my Morel Supremo tweeters.

I currently want to keep my JBL W12GTI 12" powered by my Arc KS1000.1 in addition to the Leviathan as long as my electrical system can handle it.
Steve doesn't recommend using a distribution block, probably because of resistance issues and the possibility of adding noise. Properly installed, a distribution block would probably be alright.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I've been into car audio for over a decade and have owned or installed most major brand and/or high-end amplifiers out there, however I have heard very little about Zed amps. Anyways, not knowing much about Zed products, I guess this is my long-winded way of asking how Zed amps stack up against the likes of JL Audio Slash series and PG Titanium series, as these are the series of amps I have narrowed my search down to.
Well, I have yet to use any of the latest projects myself (I sure do want to get my hands on the Leviathan) however ZED has a very good and LONG rep in this industry. It seems you are are an old schooler in the industry but maybe not as old enough to know about ZED? The guy was the man/buildhouse behind many "BIG NAME RETAIL BRAND" amps back in the day. Hifonics, Autotek, Rodek, Lanzar, Alphasonik, ESX, CRUNCH, Nakamichi, US Acoustics, etc. I mean...these were amps that recieved great word of mounth and great reviews in the mags. The early versions of these amps were powerhouse tanks!

Here is his Bio: ZED AUDIO BIO

·
Registered
396 Posts
Little confused by the various available crossovers on the Leviathan, but has anyone ran a 3-way active front stage with the leviathan with an Alpine CDA-9887? I wouldn't mind doing so until after CES to see if Pioneer comes out with a US or CA version of the DEH-P01 so I don't have to order overseas.

·
Registered
396 Posts
In terms of wiring for this amp, I would need to upgrade my current 4 ga wire at the moment. Would it be better to just add another separate 4 gauge run? Or can I go with a 0 gauge into 2, 4 gauges. I'm trying to calculate costs.

·
Registered
44 Posts
In terms of wiring for this amp, I would need to upgrade my current 4 ga wire at the moment. Would it be better to just add another separate 4 gauge run? Or can I go with a 0 gauge into 2, 4 gauges. I'm trying to calculate costs.
I doubt you need to upgrade your wiring. The Leviathan will work fine with 8 gauge wiring.

1 - 20 of 159 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.