DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
First off there is no way to judge speaker by the video (microphone used will alter sound as well as your sound card and speakers when listening to their videos), I have to give props to Fred for the marketing aspect since it probably helped them with their sales.

I have purchased directly from GT Trading in the past. I think they have a great product however their customer service is awful. I dealt with a gentleman named Stefano. It has been a long time however on my last order I sent the money promptly and was given a ship date. The ship date was not met and Stefano kept on pushing it back with excuse after excuse. After waiting over a month for the product to ship and no clear, direct reason of what was going on I asked them to refund my order. It was painful getting the money back from them. He then had the nerve to act pissed off and emotional over the transaction. I expect professional service, it simply was not there. There are plenty of quality brands that have equal and/or better performance with much better customer service. Why go through the hassle? Support brands who support the consumer!

GT Trading will literally send a dealer price list to anyone who asks, no dealer protection, the consumer can just act like a dealer and they won't know the difference (this has happened several times with customers I was working with. They ended up purchasing directly through GT Trading. All the time I spent with the customer was wasted).

In regards to the possible Ground Zero and GT Trading relationship...there is definitely some form of business going on between the two companies. Several amplifier boards are exactly the same (I personally have opened them up). I would assume GT Trading is possibly the OEM for some of Ground Zero's line up. Maybe they use the same engineer(s)?

Lastly, the quality of the twister amplifiers are hit or miss. I had several units with faulty wire terminals. I do not think all of the products which are claimed to be manufactured in Italy really are. I am assuming some are manufactured in China, however, advertised as being made in Italy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
1st iam thingking steg is just a scam as it is very hard to find until one gives me an offer for i grab. iam buying st650c since i was recommended and it has few reviews in youtube. as st650 is out of stock i grab the mt650. to my surprice this speakers are awsome. how this thing will last.

·
Registered
2 Posts
After a lot of debating and toing and froing, I placed and order for some Steg equipment.

I know you can't get a true sense of what the speakers sound like from a YouTube video, but through good headphones I believe you can pick up on differences between compared speakers.

Although Fred does more often than not seem to prefer Steg audio over anything he posts a comparison video for (making it look like an ultra bias), I was just intrigued to see what it was all about and if it was BS or not. There was a hell of a lot of email traffic between the 2 of us at all hours of the day and night and his passion for what he does did shine through and at no point was he pressuring me into making a purchase. In fact I don't even think he makes any money from the orders he takes.

I contacted GT Trading via Facebook, who told me Fred is a reliable source to purchase from and the payment I made was directly to Salvo Siliato.

Then to my surprise, free of charge part of my order was upgraded and a free gift (DRC) was included in the package.

Payment was made last Tue, package arrived this morning.

Now to get it installed and see if my decision will be justified.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any opinions about new Steg DSP (SDSP68)??
I didn't do the install myself, but some feedback from the installer I used might be helpful.

He said:
  • Software was easy enough to install and intuitive to use
  • Couldn't find a way to increase the sensitivity of the high level input, lacking factory head unit headroom (I'm currently trying to find out if it's possible)
  • Couldn't bridge up outputs on the DSP (but seems to be producing enough power per channel by itself)
I've only had it installed a few days, but all in all everything I bought have been married up quite nicely, just hoping to increase the headroom as at the high end of the current volume range there still feels like there is room to go higher with no lack of clarity.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Any opinions about new Steg DSP (SDSP68)??
the same shit as GZ, ESX and many others. It works, but it aint nothing to die for

If their gear works, then it is very decent (amps) sounding, their Master stroke series of amps is very good

I had very good and also very bad experiences with STEG/GT trading. Problem is as with majority of Italian equipment and other stuff - design is very cool, but assembly quality is poor.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts