DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
So I ordered the SQ32 set from Audiostatus to gamble and I am going to compare against my scanspeak d3004 beryllium and SB29RDNC-C000-4.

For 85 a tweeter will it shine over the SB or close to the scanspeak. I will find out.

Freds comment below when someone asked him: How does these compare to scan speak beryllium 3004 and bliesma 34mm beryllium?

Hi, its completely different sounding tweeters, the SQ32 is warmer and at the same time sweet/crispy, for sound quality its better, BlieSMa Beryllium will be better for other types of music as electronic for a sample, same as the Scan Speak 3004 which the BlieSMa will be better, thanks for watching

·
Premium Member
2,438 Posts
The SQ32 really doesn't have fakes. The tweeter design has been around for a long time and other companies in Europe have used it as well under different brands. GT Trading is not the type of company that will enforce its own policy of pricing. If you go to them with money, they will take it lol.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I'm not sure if it was on one of the forums, or on one of the facebook groups, but not too long ago (some months), someone asked if the Steg Masterstroke 3-way components was decent for their price of around €1200 or so. And people chimed in that this was a €4000 set of speakers, not $1200..

But then the author posted a screenshot of the (presumably) dealer price list, where they were listed at €1200 dealer cost, and €4000 msrp. He was not a dealer though, but that was the price list he got from inquiring to gttrading. So it would seem that they have huge margins, and if this was the case I can well believe that someone would sell €289 tweeters for €120 and still pocked some cash from the sale. Without them being fake copies.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Asi it is said, the SQ32 design is not their own - tweeters are produced probably by PROAUDIO.Srl in Italy ( Home ), they were producing 3 dimensions - SQ25 / SQ28 / SQ32 and were used under uDimension Europe brand many years ago (ProX T25 and ProX T28). Also Dragster audio used these for the Academy series. I had the SQ32 in my car and loved this tweeter very much (same time was also playing with RS Audio Revelation T26 and Morel Supremo Piccolo)

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
I'm not sure if it was on one of the forums, or on one of the facebook groups, but not too long ago (some months), someone asked if the Steg Masterstroke 3-way components was decent for their price of around €1200 or so. And people chimed in that this was a €4000 set of speakers, not $1200..

But then the author posted a screenshot of the (presumably) dealer price list, where they were listed at €1200 dealer cost, and €4000 msrp. He was not a dealer though, but that was the price list he got from inquiring to gttrading. So it would seem that they have huge margins, and if this was the case I can well believe that someone would sell €289 tweeters for €120 and still pocked some cash from the sale. Without them being fake copies.
face it, margin is 300-400% on majority of products, on some much more, on some a bit less.....wellcome to the real world....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Asi it is said, the SQ32 design is not their own - tweeters are produced probably by PROAUDIO.Srl in Italy ( Home ), they were producing 3 dimensions - SQ25 / SQ28 / SQ32 and were used under uDimension Europe brand many years ago (ProX T25 and ProX T28). Also Dragster audio used these for the Academy series. I had the SQ32 in my car and loved this tweeter very much (same time was also playing with RS Audio Revelation T26 and Morel Supremo Piccolo)
Did you like the SQ32 over the Morel Supremo Piccolo or how would you rate it compared to the scanspeak d3004 or sb29?

·
Premium Member
2,438 Posts
I just found out this morning that they have new distribution within the United States. I'll try to find out more information.

Reactions: boricua69

·
Registered
70 Posts
Did you like the SQ32 over the Morel Supremo Piccolo or how would you rate it compared to the scanspeak d3004 or sb29?
A really liked the Supremo Piccolo, they are great tweeters, but the Proaudio SQ32 was a tweeter I would always use in my car, I found many details more emphasized over Morel (when comparing side by side the two tweeters), sound was more airy, and even after many hours of listening (also at high level), there was no fatigue in my ears (nor with Supremo, but like the Proaudio more :) )... I consider them tweeters easy to work with, did not need really equalisation when setting up my system. Regarding music genres, I was listening pop but also some rock, jazz, etc. but really enjoyed eg: Goran Bregovic - Champagne for gypsies.... I have no direct experience with SS or SB but would like to try the SB someday ... Hope this helped ...

·
Registered
24 Posts
A really liked the Supremo Piccolo, they are great tweeters, but the Proaudio SQ32 was a tweeter I would always use in my car, I found many details more emphasized over Morel (when comparing side by side the two tweeters), sound was more airy, and even after many hours of listening (also at high level), there was no fatigue in my ears (nor with Supremo, but like the Proaudio more :) )... I consider them tweeters easy to work with, did not need really equalisation when setting up my system. Regarding music genres, I was listening pop but also some rock, jazz, etc. but really enjoyed eg: Goran Bregovic - Champagne for gypsies.... I have no direct experience with SS or SB but would like to try the SB someday ... Hope this helped ...
Thank you Tommy

·
Registered
24 Posts
I got my Steg SQ32 pair today. Only took 3 days from llithuania UPS. I cant believe that. Audiostatus didnt even provide a tracking and magic it shows up. Going to take out the SB29 and test these. Here some photos compared to the D3004 SB29 SQ32 and D3004 beryllium. The Steg seemed to be the heaviest weight wise and the build is very nice for a 170 USD pair.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just was able to Auto EQ them with REW pink noise on my helix ultra and they are a good amount louder than the small format SB29 which I had to tune at louder pink noise -20db to get it matched to the other drivers. I just retuned the system with a -30db pink noise rew which is closer to the -35db I could tune when I had the large format sb29 neo. The driver does a better job off axis vs the small formatt sb 29 and I impressed enough to keep it for a while and burn her in. So far it seems like these might be a very good deal at 175 USD a pair.

·
Registered
24 Posts
did some more testing - and wow improvement on sound stage and detail. I feel like these are at least 1-2 tiers above the SB29 small format. Pretty impressed and would recommend these to anyone for a high value tweeter - Fred and sound on youtube isn't Bsing

·
Registered
25 Posts
did some more testing - and wow improvement on sound stage and detail. I feel like these are at least 1-2 tiers above the SB29 small format. Pretty impressed and would recommend these to anyone for a high value tweeter - Fred and sound on youtube isn't Bsing
i don’t suppose you know or remember what size hole is required to surface mount the SQ32?

61 - 80 of 87 Posts